Flying high | Master the epic DJI phantom 4 like a Pro
The bestselling JDI Phantom 4 is a superb camera drone. Become an ace with this practical guide packed with tips and tricks.
We love the Phantom 4 for its combination of affordability and top-notch performance.
Preparation before takeoff
● Make sure there are no obstacles, possible electromagnetic interference, or other drones;
● Check the battery power and temperature of both the drone and RC transmitter
● Ensure the transmitter and drone have sufficient battery power
● Carefully remove the gimbal holder
● Extend the remote antenna
● Power up in the following sequence: the RC transmitter, then the drone (short press then long press), and finally turn on the monitor
● Launch the DJI Go App, and enter the camera interface
● Start the DJI Go App, and install the two pairs of propeller securely
● Set or adjust the return height
Push the two sticks on the remote control down to start the motor, then release the joystick, finally push the throttle to take off. The takeoff speed should not be too slow or too fast.When flying, keep the drone within your line of sight; avoid rolling or backward to avoid hitting obstacles.Pay attention to the drone’s flight status, especially: GPS signal, battery level, distance, height, azimuth, and change.After the Phantom 4 has landed, keep the throttle lever down for 3 seconds to turn off the motor. Then power off the RC and monitor power.
Flight Safety Precautions
● Avoid flying when the wind is too strong
● Don’t fly in crowded areas, including near pets and children
● Do not use the drone in adverse weather conditions, e.g. rain, fog, or dust
● Keep the drone level when landing
● Ensure you do not fly near obstacles, esp. those with magnetic interference (e.g. cell phone towers, radar antennas, high-voltage cables, etc)
● Immediately hover to stop the drone
● Stay calm and observe the drone's condition and surrounding area
● Recall the drone after it has achieved a safe altitude
● Select Headless mode return / return lock
● With automatic return, the DJI Phantom 4 will automatically climb avoid obstacles.
● In the event of a crash, turn on the camera to quickly locate the crash site and record the flight return.
We hope this short article will provide some ideas on how to safely fly the DJI Phantom 4. happy Flying!
For the purpose of this new article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
1 day ago By Zim Watson
3 days ago By Zim Watson
2017-06-16 By Zim Watson
2017-06-14 By Zim Watson
Prev article: Essential travel tech | Newbie's guide to Dash Cams
Next article: Tips for new daddy & mommy - preparations you must do
You might also like:
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson
2017-02-14 By Zim Watson
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson