How to connect Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb with phone?
To guide the users how to connect Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb with smartphone/app, and the solutions for the connection problem.
Since its release, the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb (available on GearBest) has proven to be wildly popular. Both Android and iPhone users can use the dedicated Xiaomi MiHome App to remotely control the smart bulb, e.g. turning it on/off, changing the colors, to adjusting brightness, which is quite smart and convenient. However, some users have experienced problems with the Xiaomi RGBW bulb not connecting with WiFi, their smartphone, or the app itself. In fact, these problems are mostly caused by a connection fault. Now I am going to show you how to connect the smart LED bulb with your phone first time, every time.
The operation is easy, just follow my steps
Step 1. Mi Home APP installation, register and log-in
● Search for the MiHome app on Google Play or Apple store.
● Download and install it.
● Android users can directly scan the QR code.
Note: only the MiHome app can connect and control the Xiaomi bulb.
● Log in to your Xiaomi account to enter the app interface (register one first if you don't have).
● Tap the right top "+" button to enter the device search and selection interface.
Step 2.Search, add and select your device
● Find out the "Yeelight Color Bulb" and tap to add this device.
● Within the device interface, follow the guide to turn on the bulb.
● Connect your phone to WiFi (the WiFi router name should not contain any Chinese characters).
● Tick the "Device is powered on" confirmation.
● Tap "Next" to continue.
Step 3. Wi-Fi settings in APP and smartphone
● Enter your WiFi password in APP.
● Tap "Next" to continue, now you have create an Wi-Fi network provided by the bulb.
● Enter your phone "Settings" and your WiFi interface.
● Choose the Wi-Fi "yeelink-light-xxx" and connect.
● Once successfully connected, go back to the app.
Step 4. Waiting for the accomplishment of connection
● Wait until the app pairs the phone and bulb.
● The bulb will show on the app main screen as "Yeelight Color Bulb".
Step 5. Initialize the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb
● Tap the device to start initialization (required for first time connection).
● Wait until it finishes.
● Tap "Let's get started" to access app remote control interface.
● You can use your phone to remote control the bulb (the connection is completed).
App Remote control functions
White mode: change the whiteness by sliding your finger to the left or right on the screen, slide finger up or down screen to suit your own needs (the function works on following all the modes)..
Color mode: slide your finger to left or right to change the color.
Flow mode: the light will automatically change, control the brightness by sliding your finger up or down.
Timer mode: the light will turn itself off in 15 minutes which is like a kind of sleep mode.
Power mode: turn the light on or off.
Favorite mode: save your favorite light color and level profile, you can name it yourself.
After use, you can disconnect the bulb with your phone, but you need to repeat the above steps to re-connect it next time. So we advice you just keep it, the device will stay in your app main menu, hence you can freely control it remotely.
1. Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb only supports 2.4GHz WIFI (5GHz WIFI is not possible).
2. The WIFI router name should not contain any Chinese characters.
3. It requires an Android 4.0 / 4.0+ or iOS 7 / 7+ OS (with WiFi feature).
If you have followed the above steps but still cannot connect, refer to these reasons and solutions:
System error: simply reset and re-connect
● Continuously turn bulb on and turn by its physical switch 5 times, with 1 second internals.
● After the light color changes, and the bulb is lit again, the reset is finished.
● Don't turn off the bulb.
● Open the MiHome app, follow the above operation guide to connect again.
The working environment is not proper:
Refer to the notifications above. Check the device OS version, WiFi frequency and WiFi router name. Make any necessary adjustments.
WIFI router security level is high
● check your WIFI router security level.
● If the level is set to "High", the WiFi may automatically not detect or show the bulb.
● Set the security level to "Low". Once the bulb has connected, you can set the level back.
Product quality issue
If none of the solutions work, it points to a product defect, contact the after-sale service for help - request a replacement or a refund.
Here is a handy Gearbest video relating to the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW Smart LED Bulb featuring installation and connecting with the app. And if you are intereasted in the wooden lamb holder of the picture, please click here.
We hope this guide article helps you to resolve your phone/app connection issues with the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW Smart LED Bulb. Enjoy your smart life with Xiaomi.
Prev article: How to use Water-drop Ultrasonic humidifier?
Next article: 5 EASY ways to free up space on Android
You might also like:
2017-02-18 By Zim Yang
2016-10-13 By Mia Wang
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official