Mi Band 2 Guide | Fix common screen/display problems
You Mi band 2 display is not working normally? There are some display problems with your Mi band 2 screen? Look at here! Mi band 2 screen and display troubleshooting is ordered for you!
The Xiaomi Mi 2 is GearBest's bestselling smart device of all time (over 6000 customer reviews and counting). This has naturally generated a massive number of tech support queries relating to screen and display issues. So to help our thousands of customers, we make compiled the definitive guide to allow them to know this awesome product better and solve the most frequently asked screen/display-related problems. (The red questions are the highest frequently asked questions among the FAQs.)
► The Mi band 2's function menu (pedometer, heart rate detection, etc.) is not clearly displayed on the screen.
Unpair your Mi band 2 from your phone and pair them again.
If it's still not working, you can uninstall the Mi Fit App from your phone and reinstall it, before pairing again.
► The Mi band 2 screen suddenly turns black.
The problem often occurs when the band's power runs out. We therefore suggest you charge the Mi band 2 first.
Insert the Mi band 2 main body into the USB power charger and connect the USB charger to a power source (either a power socket or computer USB).
Check whether the band's display shows the power charging icon. If it does, then just let it charge to resolve this problem.
If the charging icon is not visible:
• Check whether the contact points between the band and power charger are firmly connected or not. If the connection is secure but charging does not take place, the most likely reason is oxidation of the contact points. You can try using a sharp knife to scrape oxidation off the metal surface, and try to charge again.
• Check whether the USB cable and power charger is working correctly. Change to another charger or use another USB cable, then try again.
Following these steps, if either the screen cannot light up or there the power charging icon does not appear, then it must be a firmware problem. Please contact the after-sale service and then return your device for our repair service. Note: You may be subject to a shipping fee.
► The touchscreen doesn't work / only reacts after several attempts.
There may be multiple, complex reasons, however you can try following methods:
1. Check whether your hands are wet, dry them and try using the screen again.
2. The way you interact with the screen is important. Do not tap/swipe the screen too many often, give some time for the screen to respond to the inputs.
3. Disable the "Lift wrist to view info" feature on the Mi Fit App. Wait for approx. 5 seconds, and try to use the screen again. (Mi Fit App -- Profile -- Mi band 2 -- Lift wrist to view info)
4. Unpair the Mi band 2 from your phone, uninstall then reinstall the Mi Fit App. Finally, pair the band with your phone again.
5. Update the band's firmware. Close the Mi Fit application and then launch it again. The update notification will show up automatically and update itself. Just wait for few minutes until it completes the update process.
6. If the band has been dropped into water, dry it thoroughly and wait until the internal hardware is dry. Retry the operation.
If all the above methods are unsuccessful, then the error is due to hardware and/or software (OS). Please contact our after-sale service for a repair RMA.
► The Mi band 2 screen becomes blurry after I wear it and expose it to water.
The waterproof level of Mi band 2 is rated at IP67; this means it's protected from damage by standard water usage, such as washing hands, washing face, short term soaking, etc.
Pick up the Mi band by the main body from the wristband and carefully dry it with a towel. Leave it in a dry, well ventilated location and wait until the inside has thoroughly dried. Then recheck the screen display usability.
If the screen still cannot work as normal, please contact the after-sale service to initiate the professional repair service.
► The screen of Mi band 2 appears to be broken.
The only way to resolve this is to contact the after-sale service to commence the RMA process, then ship it back to the factory for professional repair. If it’s within the warranty period, this repair service is free; if the warranty has expired, you may be required to pay some service and material fees. However, in either case, the customer is responsible for paying the one way return shipping cost (i.e. shipping from your location to the factory).
► The Mi band 2 screen is frozen/dead and is unresponsive.
Unpair the Mi Fit App from your phone and try to re-connect them to each other.
Try to download and install the App on another phone and pair your band with it to confirm whether there is any response. If it operates normally, unpair the band from the phone and pair it with your current phone again.
If none of the above steps are successful, please contact the after-sale service for a factory return and a professional repair service. You will be required to pay the one way shipping cost, i.e. from your place of collection to the factory).
► The brightness of Mi band 2 screen is too dark / the screen doesn't light up.
The most possible reason is the battery power is gonna be drained.
Charge it for a while and then check brightness or whether it lights up or not.
If it's useless, then screen may be damaged. Contact after-sale service or return it back to the factory for a repair.
► Mi band 2 only shows the time on the screen, and cannot show other interfaces (e.g. pedometer steps, heart rate detection, etc.)
This is usually caused by the settings. In fact, the band is designed to display Time, Steps, Distance, Calories, Heart rate, and Remaining Battery interfaces. Firstly, you need to determine then set which features you want the band to display on the Mi Fit App, these will then be displayed on the screen.
Step 1. Connect your Mi band 2 to the Mi Fit App.
Step 2. Enter the application's "Profile" interface.
Step 3. Tap the "Mi band 2" device listed under "My devices".
Step 4. You should see the "Mi band display settings", tap to enter it.
Step 5. Select which features you want displayed on the Mi band 2 screen and tap OK to confirm.
Once the settings have been updated, turn your band back on, all your selected items will now be visible.
► The Mi band 2 screen displays an incomplete power charging interface.
Charge the Mi band 2 for a while, then check whether this resolves the issue. If not, continue to the next steps.
Turn off and then turn the "Remaining battery" display back on in the Mi Fit App.
• Connect your band to the phone / Mi Fit application.
• Enter the application's "Profile" interface.
• Tap the "Mi band 2" device listed under "My devices".
• You should see the "Mi band display settings", tap to enter it.
• Make sure the "Remaining battery" option is not activated. Tap OK. Activate this option again and press OK to confirm.
• Check the battery icon on your Mi band 2.
If this does not work, unpair the band from your phone and pair again.
The last resort is to contact our after-service center for technical support / RMA.
This is the after-sale service for GearBest users: Support center.
We hope that this detailed article can help you to solve your Mi band 2 screen and display issues. Our customers are always welcome to contact the GearBest after-sale service for additional support.
For the purpose of this new article, some the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
Prev article: Mi Band 2 Guide | Effortlessly connect it to your phone
Next article: 4 secret ways to revive any dead phone battery
You might also like:
2017-02-14 By GB Blog Official
2016-12-28 By Zim Yang
2016-10-15 By Mia Wang