Troubleshoot serious Elephone S7 smartphone issues
Elephone S7 touchscreen doesn't work? It cannot boot? Automatically reboots? And other serious troubles? What should you do when you meet these problems? Don’t panic, solutions are here!
Dual curved screen and bezel-less design, elegant appearance, and brilliant performance, that's Elephone S7 smartphone. Yes, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy S7, and both of them equip the outstanding features, but the Elephone S7 is cheaper and safer. So sure people cannot reject to have one. But even perfect as iPhone 7, it still has some problems, so does the Elephone S7. But all the matters have the solutions. Our Gearbest blog aims to help our Gearbest consumers to get rid of the troubles. In this passage, we offered you the most useful tips to troubleshoot the serious issues that most the Elephone S7 users fed back before. Read to find out your satisfied answers.
● Make sure your finger is not wet, otherwise sure the screen cannot detect your finger and won't react to your operation.
● If it only happens when charging, maybe the electricity influences the touch reaction. Disconnect the power charger then you can normally use the screen.
● The high temperature affects the phone's performance as well, including the touchscreen's reaction. For example, you play a big online game for a long time, the phone becomes heated, the screen will be influenced as well. And if the device temperature is over 40 degrees, stop using the phone! Otherwise, the screen may burn.
● Once there are too many junk caches storing in the phone, the phone system speed will be slowed down, therefore, the touch reaction will be influenced as well. Also, the phone viruses cause this issue, too. So download a reliable phone management app to clean these junk files and kill the viruses, for instance, the 360 Mobile Safe.
● Due to some tempered system error, the touchscreen may lose control. Simply reboot the phone. If it doesn't work, you can try to reset the phone. Enter the phone's Settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset, choose RESET PHONE. But remember to back up your files, otherwise they will be deleted permanently.
● If the reset doesn't work, you can try to flash the phone's firmware. Or you have flash your phone before, maybe there are some bugs existing in the firmware you installed. So you can try to flash it again. Download the official Elephone S7 firmware according to your need from its official forum and install it on your phone. If you don't know how to operate, please ask help from the professional technician from any local phone repair center.
● When all the ways cannot solve this matter, the touch screen might be damaged or the circuit is broken. The most direct way is to take it to a local phone repair center for a fixing. But if any hardware like the screen needs to be exchanged, you'd better to contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory to exchange an original one.
● Maybe it's simply due to the phone's power has run out. Charge it with the original charger and USB cable for 30 minutes, and then boot it again.
If the phone has no reaction during the power charge, maybe the battery is not activated or the USB cable / charger is broken.
● Activate the battery: Connect the phone to the power through the original USB cable and charger, long press the Power button for 30 second to activate it. Then check whether the phone reacts to the charge, for example, whether the charging icon shows up.
● Maybe the USB cable or charger is broken. So the easiest way to prove this reason is to use another working cable and charger to charge your phone. If the phone can be charged, it means the cable / charger is useless. Just change one. If it still cannot be charged, continue with the next step.
● The other possible reason is the phone's USB charging port is oxidized or damaged. You can use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol to wipe the port and then wait for a minute until the alcohol is dry. Then charge the phone again. And wait for some time, then try to boot it again.
● Or there might be some system errors. You can try to reset the phone: Long press the Power button and Volume - button together to enter the phone's Factory mode. All the characters are Chinese, but don't worry, just follow the below picture guide to finish the reset. Click Volume - button to choose the options, and click the Power button to confirm the selection. After that, check whether the phone becomes normal.
● Once all these solutions cannot solve this problem, we can make sure that the battery, phone circuit, or other phone's hardware must be damaged. Please take the phone to a phone repair center to check and fix. If you want to exchange the original component like the battery, you can contact the after-sales service for help.
The reasons that could cause this problem is numerous like system errors, application compatibility, virus attacks, hardware broken, etc.
● If you could normally enter the phone, uninstall the applications which are not compatible with your phone OS. (When you launch these applications the phone dies and starts to reboot unusually, it means they are not compatible with your phone OS.)
● Use the phone management application or a third party safety application (such as 360 Security) to scan and kill the viruses.
● Or reset your phone to remove all those possibilities if you think it's hard to figure out the reasons. Go to the phone's Setting menu - Backup & reset - Factory data reset, then press RESET PHONE. Do remember to back up the important data, otherwise they will be removed permanently.
● If you cannot enter the phone. Long press the Power button to shut it off. Then in the power off state, long press the phone's Power button and Volume - button together to enter the phone's Factory mode. All the characters are Chinese, but don't worry, just follow the below picture guide to finish the reset. Click Volume - button to choose the options, and click the Power button to confirm the selection. After that, check whether the phone becomes normal.
● But if the factory reset cannot save your phone from this problem, try to flash the phone's ROM. Please download the official Elephone S7 firmware according to your need from its official forum and install it on your phone. If you don't know how to operate, please ask help from the professional technician from any local phone repair center.
● Once all the solutions don't work, then it should be a hardware broken issue, please contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory to repair. Or just take it to a local phone fixing store to repair. If any component needs to be exchanged, sending it back the factory to exchange an original one should be the better way.
● Check whether you have correctly / appropriately installed the SIM card in the card slot. Remove the SIM card from the phone and reinstall it again.
● Take out the SIM card to observe its chip, maybe the chip is oxidized or dirty, simply use an eraser to wipe the it. And then insert it to the SIM card slot and check whether it works. If not, continue with the next step.
● Remove the SIM from the phone and install it in another phone to check whether the SIM card is broken or not. If it cannot be detected by another phone as well, it means the SIM card is broken, please take it to the card operator to exchange a new card.
● The system errors / phone viruses will cause this problem, too. The quickest way is to reset your phone, but do remember to back up your important personal data before the reset, otherwise, they will be deleted permanently. Enter the phone's Settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset, choose RESET PHONE. After this procedure, the system factors will be eliminated.
● Maybe the SIM card slot has something wrong, which you cannot check yourself, so please take your Elephone S7 to a phone fixing store to check. If the slot has no problem, there must be something wrong with the phone's components. Take it to the phone fixing store to repair or turn to the after-sales service for help.
For this issue, there are five possible reasons - the environmental factor, inappropriate setting factor, application factor, firmware factor, and the hardware factor.
● For most the phone GPS sensors, they can only work well in good GPS signal environments like the open areas and in good weather. It's hard to use them in underground buildings or metal crowded places like an underground parking garage. Also the rainy weather and thunder weather also reduce the signal strength. The GPS signal is hard to be detected and sometimes is lost in such conditions and also the metal cars will influence the signal as well.
● The cellular data may become weak sometimes, especially during a driving process. Therefore, the data from the satellite will be affected, which cause the inaccurate navigation / positioning issue. We suggest you to finish setting your GPS destination before driving, because in a static state, the cellular data is more stable and the GPS sensor can work better, and the signal is more stable which could offer you a more accurate information.
Inappropriate setting factor:
● Make sure whether you have turned on the GPS feature and choose the right positioning mode. Enter the phone's Settings - Location, turn on the GPS feature. Tap the Mode module, and choose High accuracy mode. Under such mode, the phone / GPS feature will require WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular date to connect to the satellite and receive the data / information from it to offer you a high accuracy location and navigation information.
● When you turn on the Location's high accurate mode, the GPS location agreement will pop up and ask for your approval. Simply tap AGREE to approve it.
● The map installed on your phone is out of date. So that you cannot get the recently changed positions information in the city or the updated information, therefore, you will misunderstand the GPS doesn't work or cannot navigate you accurately. So please enter the Map application under the WiFi / cellular data internet connecting condition, usually if there is any update, the application will update automatically or it will notify you to update the map. But also you can check the updated map manually in the Settings - Help, input "update map" in the search bar, then choose UPDATE GOOGLE MAPS to update your phone's map.
● If all the settings and map are fine, does this problem happen after you install any specific application? If yes, that might be an application incompatibility issue, which affects the GPS feature's locating. Please uninstall the app and try the GPS again.
If you have inappropriately flash your Elephone S7's firmware like installing an inappropriate or incomplete firmware, or mistakenly delete some system files after rooting the phone, sure some of the phone's functions will fail in working. In this situation, please download the official Elephone S7 firmware according to your need from its official forum and install it to replace the wrong one. If you don't know how to operate, please ask help from the professional technician from any local phone repair center.
● Simply reset your phone to eliminate the software / system errors. Enter the phone's Settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset, choose RESET PHONE.
● After the reset, if the GPS still works not well, the most possible reason is its GPS module hardware is broken. So you'd better take it to a local phone repair center to check and fix. If any component needs to be exchanged, the best way is to contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory to exchange the original one.
● Check whether the camera lens is dirty, or is there any dirt covering the lens? If so, please use a clean soft cloth to wipe the lens. If the dirt like the dust is inside the lens, you have to take it to the phone repair center to solve this problem.
● Make sure that whether the object you shoot exceeds the camera's focusing range. If yes, the camera cannot focus on that object, which makes the photo look unclear. Just move the object into the effective range, that's done.
● Check whether you have set the shooting mode as the Micro mode, if so, the camera is hard to focus on the shooting object as well. Simply change the settings to Normal mode.
● When the color of the object you shoot is very close to the background, it's hard for the camera to focus on it. Try to use some different color background.
● The darkness (the light is dark) and bad shot environment will slow the shutter speed, making the camera hard to focus, too. Turn on the flashlight when taking pictures in such kind of condition. If you don't want to use the flashlight, after you click the shoot button, prevent to move the phone until the picture comes out.
● If your hand is shaking when shooting the photo, the camera cannot focus well on the object, which also leads this result. You can turn on the camera's anti-shaking feature. (Launch the Camera app, tap the left bottom gear icon to enter its settings. Tap the camera icon to enter the below interface, and turn on Anti-shake feature). Even so, you still need to control your hand shaking when taking a picture.
● An inappropriate camera setting could cause this issue as well. Launch the Camera app, tap the left bottom gear icon to enter its settings. Choose Restore default settings option to reset it.
You have to understand that a phone camera is not a professional SLR camera, and its features, of course, are not powerful as the SLR camera's.
We sincerely hope this phone fixing guide can help you solve the Elephone S7 smartphone issues.
For Gearbest customers: if the above solutions are not working for your issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Just fill the ticket with your questions at our Support center and send it to us. And we will try our best to deal with it as soon as possible when we receive it. We are always here for helping you.
Gearbest after-sales center: Support Center.
Prev article: Troubleshoot top 6 KingWear KW18 smartwatch phone issues
Next article: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phablet: every problem solved
You might also like:
0 minutes ago By Zim Watson
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson