Insider guide to using the GB Wallet to your advantage
By David Tsang 2018-08-15 4380 1
1. What's GB Wallet (GearBest Wallet)?
GB Wallet is a fast and secure payment method. It's designed to help you to effortlessly stay up-to-date with all your account transactions. In short, it is GearBest's version of store credit. As with any other forms of store credit, the GearBest wallet can be used to purchase GearBest products on a 1:1 rate. So $1.00 of store credit is worth $1.00 of the product price listed.
Additional details on how to use the wallet can be found in the GearBest FAQ under ‘GB Wallet', however this guide provides an overview of the key features.
2. What are the advantages of using GB wallet?
GB Wallet enables to bring you more advantages than other payment methods, and the main advantages are as follows:
● The GB Wallet is a convenient way to quickly and securely store digital currency on GearBest.
● Simple to use with a user interface that's easy to learn.
● Free GB points: if you choose to keep any refunds in your wallet, you receive complimentary GB points.
● Fast refunds: Refunds are prioritized for wallet holders and will be issued to your GB wallet within 1-2 business days.
● If you have used your wallet as a partial payment, but the residual payment failed, you can still try to pay by using other payment methods on the page.
● The true value of GB Wallet is being able to use it as partial payment on your orders. This means you can spread the cost between different payment methods, instead of relying on one to cover the full cost of a single order.
3. Is there anything I need to do when I first enter my GB Wallet account?
Yes, you will be required to set a password for your GB Wallet, which is then forwarded to your email account. For convenience, this can be done either within your own account management area or on the checkout page. Full details are provided on the official GB Wallet instruction page.
Should you forget your password, you can request it again or even reset it. GearBest designed the GB wallet with another layer of security over your digital currency for your online protection.
4. Where is my GB wallet money from?
Although it doesn't support transferring money from your payment accounts to GB wallet, your GB Wallet money can come from in a variety of ways: your order refunds (full or partial) can be sent to the wallet; and prize money can also be sent to your wallet for use. As we continue to innovate and improve our service, there will be even more ways to obtain GB Wallet money in the future.
5. How to use GB Wallet?
Firstly, proceed with shopping as normal: add the items you want to your shopping cart, click 'Proceed to Checkout', then click ‘Place your Order'. This will take you to the Payment Methods available to you.
Here, you can check how much money is available in your GB Wallet. These can be used to pay for your order – either fully or partially. Please remember to check your balance and transaction password before payment.
Note: If you do not have any balance in your GB Wallet, this option will not be available during the payment stage.
You can learn more about how to use your GB Wallet to pay for orders here.
6. How can I transfer my money from GB wallet to my original payment account?
Sometimes you'll want to transfer money from your digital GB wallet to the original payment provider or source account. We have this a seamless process on GearBest, designing it to be safe, secure, and easy for our wallet users.
Customers wishing to transfer money should note the transfer timeframes below:
● For PayPal: it may take up to 48 hours for the transaction to appear in your account.
● For credit card: it may require between 7 to 14 business days.
● For Boleto (Brazil), it may take up to 10 business days.
These times act as guides and are for reference only. Please kindly note that the actual times are outside our direct control. They depend entirely on your payment provider, in terms of the respective policies and actual transfer times. For more information and/or updates, we strongly advise contacting your payment provider directly.
7. Can I get my GB Wallet refunded?
Yes, simply contact our dedicated Support Center to request a refund to your GB Wallet.
Note: Refunds will be issued to Paypal within 3-7 business days, and to Credit Card within 3-15 business days.
8. What advantage of requesting refunds to my GB wallet?
As the GB wallet is not tied to any external payment providers, refunds to your GB wallet arrive much faster. Refunds are prioritized for wallet holders and will be issued to your GB wallet within 1-2 business days. This reduction in processing time provides a level of flexibility that few payment methods are able to match, allowing you to use the GB wallet funds again. In short, it provides a smoother, more responsive shopping experience for our customers.
While GearBest provides a range of payment options for everyone, we also understand that not every customer is the same – some will have different needs based on their budget. The GearBest Wallet was therefore introduced to provide another versatile and secure payment option for our customers (using store credit). Choose the one that's right for you and shop with confidence every time at GearBest.
|You may also want to read:|
|GB Coupons - the easiest way to save money when shopping on GearBest!|
|7 ways to earn you a super saving with GB Points|
|GearBest shipping memo: save money on delivery by choosing the best option|
2017-05-19By GB Blog Official
2019-07-26By GB Blog Official
2018-06-11By Brielle Wilson
2019-08-07By Sophia Windsor
2018-09-15By Steve Lowry
2019-08-13By Fields Corrielus