Airpods Pro Waterproof Guide: Are Airpods Pro Waterproof?
By Joe Horner 2020-04-13 6693 2
How Water-Resistant are AirPods Pro?
Is AirPods Pro Waterproof? Well, the short answer is no, they’re not entirely waterproof. But the AirPods Pro earphone is water-resistant, which means it can handle sweat and water spills, including rain. However, the AirPods Pro earbud is unlikely to survive if you submerge it underwater. So, how water-resistant are AirPods Pro?
According to Apple official, the AirPods Pro has a water resistance rating of IPX4. This means they won’t get damaged from sweat or splashes of water, but they will get damaged if they are completely submerged in water.
What does this IPX4 rating mean? The “IP” stands for Ingress Protection or the rating system. The first number after IP represents the device’s level of resistance to dust and other solid particles. The second number represents its resistance rating against liquids.
So, the AirPods Pro IPX4 rating means they are resistant to splashes of water coming from any direction. Their solid particle resistance rating of X simply means they did not undergo this specific test. They can resist sweat if you use them while exercising, but they should not be used for water sports. If you get caught in the rain, your AirPods Pro might survive while you make a run for it, but they will likely stop working if you drop them in a puddle.
Please take note that the AirPods Pro charging case is neither waterproof nor water-resistant, you need to take care when using it.
How to Keep your AirPods Pro Safe from Wet?
Follow these tips to avoid damage to your AirPods Pro:
- Don’t place your AirPods Pro under running water, such as a shower or faucet.
- Don’t swim with or otherwise submerge your AirPods Pro.
- Don’t put AirPods Pro in the washing machine or dryer.
- Don’t wear AirPods Pro in a sauna or steam room.
- Don't expose AirPods Pro to high-velocity water, such as while water skiing.
- Avoid dropping AirPods Pro or subjecting them to other impacts.
If your AirPods Pro are exposed to liquid through any of the scenarios above:
● Wipe them clean with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
● Allow them to completely dry before using them or placing them in the charging case.
● Don’t expose AirPods Pro to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye. All of these can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.
If your AirPods Pro are exposed to any of these:
● Wipe them clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
●Allow them to completely dry before using them or placing them in the charging case.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased AirPods Pro from us and still have a problem after reading this post, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehouses
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2019-08-26By Joe Horner
2019-06-13By Ingrid You
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
Prev article:How to Choose a Suitable Yoga Mat for Yoga Beginner?
Next article:How to Install a Webcam on PS4?