Be an RC God | A beginner’s guide to mastering RC Cars
By GB Blog Official 2018-07-03 2977 0
Though all RC's have the same core components — transmitter, receiver, motor, and power source — there is massive variation in size, type, and degree of usage difficulty.
1. Which type of RC car is right for you?
The most important decision to make is whether an electric or a nitro car is right for you.
● Nitro cars tend to be faster and more powerful, but their engines require a lot of maintenance and tuning.
● Electric RC cars and trucks are generally considered best for beginners; even if you choose to build your own, they tend to be simpler and easier to use.
2. Buy pre-assembled or build your own?
Once you’ve decided whether an electric or a nitro car is best for you, you need to choose between a car that is ready to run right out of the box and a kit that you build from scratch.
● Ready to run cars are easier for beginners anxious to get to the race.
● The build-your-own kits give you a better understanding of how RC’s work since you build it from the inside out.
If you're not sure, keep in mind that most ready to run kits still include full instructions should you ever want to take apart your RC or replace some of its parts.
3. Choose your terrain
Just like you wouldn’t buy a gas guzzling SUV if you live downtown and have a long commute, you’ll want to make sure you buy the RC that suits the kind of driving you'll be doing.
● On-road RC's are built for speed, so if it's racing and road running you have in mind, you'll want to stick to these lighter, faster vehicles.
● If you want to practice on rugged terrain and with jumps, the more rugged off-road RC's are probably best for you.
4. RC car's size matters
The most popular class of vehicles are 1/10 scale, but there are also larger 1/8 scale and smaller mini and micro sized cars.
Plus, the best part is you get to decide just what kind of RC vehicle you'd like best –there are cars, trucks, buggies, boats, planes and even helicopters to choose from!
For the purpose of this article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
2019-08-21By Sigismondo Eisenhower
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry