Best tips for having a good night's sleep
Cannot fall into sleep at night? Always wake up in the mid-night? These do influence our health and sure the daily work and life quality. In this article, we look at the critical importance of sleep, how it influences our health and quality of life, and share some practical tips on how to have a good night's sleep.
|Section 1. Why do we need to sleep?|
|Section 2. 4 advantageds of sufficient sleep|
|Section 3. How to have a good night's sleep?|
Section 1. Why do we need to sleep?
To date, despite intensive and ongoing scientific research, there is no definitive answer to this perplexing question.
While not all of us are sleep scientists, we do know that when tired or sleepy, the drive to sleep is virtually irresistible. Once we have enjoyed sufficient sleep, we feel rejuvenated, more mentally alert, happier, healthier, and work more efficiently.
In short, it's vital to our quality of life: for our body, mind, and overall health.
At least, this could be regard as a basic significance of sleep, you agree?
Section 2. Advantages of enough sleep
Increase physical immunity
Dr. Bailey, a renowned immunologist from the university of Florida, conducted a hypnosis experiment on 28 people. Results show that the T lymphocyte and B lymphocyte count (the main drivers for immunity) increased even during hypnosis.
Promote growth hormone secretion
Physiology research indicates that our brain can generally only compound the growth hormone, which can promote our body growing up, only during deep sleep. This is one reason why sleep-deprived teenagers can be developmentally stunted with delayed sexual maturity.
Improve working efficiency
The prestigious Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center discovered that, following sufficient sleep, a typist could increase their typing speed by an average of 15% to 20%, with an associated accuracy of 30% to 40%.
Keep your skin smooth, ruddy, and resilient
The most active period of skin metabolism is at night. The blood supply is in the most sufficient situation when we are in the sleep. The skin blood vessels will all open at that moment to allow the blood supplying abundant nutrition and oxygen vital for skin restoration and slowing down aging.
Section 3. How to have a good sleep?
Want to have a good sleep, just follow the tips below:
Tip 1. Create a good sleeping environment
● Reduce background noise. If you cannot avoid or eliminate the noise, for instance, the dog barking, noisy neighbors, traffic sound, or noise made by other family members, try to use a fan to dispersal the noise in summer or wear good quality earplugs. These ways can help you artificially reduce the noise.
● Keep your room in appropriate temperature. The temperature of your room will make effect on your sleep as well. The most appropriate temperature for a good sleep is about 18°c,Too hot or too cold can negatively impact sleep. Use a fan or the A/C if required.
● Remove mosquitoes. Especially in summer, there are always annoyed mosquitoes living in our house. We have to wake up because of the skin itch once be bit by them. Prepare the mosquito repellent or cover your bed with a mosquito net.
Tip 2. You need a comfortable bed
Tip 3. Dos and Don'ts for sleeping well
● Do develop a healthy, regular bedtime routine.
● Do more aerobic exercise during the day. Research shows this is better than sitting for long periods.
● Do take a cooler shower before sleep. French research revealed that a reduced body temperature leads to better quality sleep.
● Do drink milk. It has sedative properties and is especially useful prior to sleeping.
● Don't use electronics at night: exposure to light suppresses melatonin secretion, affecting your ability to fall and stay sleep.
● Don't drink coffee or alcohol at dinner; the former is a stimulant, while alcohol can only help you reach light, disrupted sleep (with a hangover).
We spend a third of our life asleep, making it essential for our health and wellbeing – especially after a busy day at work or studying. To address, and even minimize, physical and mental exhaustion, good sleep is particularly important.
We hope this article has been useful to you, and have a good sleep!
For the purpose of this new article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
1 / 0
2018-03-26 By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-14 By Adeline Belluz
2017-11-27 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: How do WiFi signal extenders work?
Next article: Pet lovers guide ❤ how to remove pet hair fast
You might also like:
2017-02-17 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-14 By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson