Chuwi Hi12 tablet PC comprehensive troubleshooting
By Felicity Rosa 2017-05-13 10236 1
Boot / Dead issues
When Chuwi Hi12 tablet PC battery comes down to 20 - 40%, it randomly turns off without warning：
● This could be led by installing incompatible software, try pressing power button and Volume up key to restore factory settings.
● Go to charge the tablet till at least 50% battery life. Then find the right model's flash firmware to download and flash following the official Chuwi instructions.
● If the problem still persists, the battery or motherboard is damaged probably. Please contact our own aftersales staff to arrange a product return and repair.
● Get the tablet be charged, pressing the power button 3 times simultaneously and remaining for 10 seconds at last time to see whether it can turn on.
● The battery may be out of juice (less than 1% electricity). Charge the tablet using the original charger for at least 30 minutes. Then, long press the power button to boot the device to see whether the issue is addressed.
● The USB interface is damaged or loose. Try to replace another USB port for power supply.
● The adapter and / or USB cable is damaged. Try using another adapter or data line to test if it can be charged.
● Long pressing the power button for 15 seconds to reset. Afterwards, plug it into the socket to charge and press the power key twice to reboot the tablet.
● If none of them work, they are most likely due to a hardware issue (motherboard, battery, display and etc...). Please contact our aftersales service and we'll get you back on track.
Try to reboot the tablet to see if it is back to normal. If not, go to check and set router settings:
(1). Find your router's default IP address in the manual or get it from opening Control Panel - click View status and tasks under Network and Internet - click network connection's name - click Details button in the Status window - find IPv4 Default Gateway (this is your router's IP address).
(2). Then put the router's IP address into the browser's address bar and press Enter to access the web interface.
(3). Fill the user name and password to login to make changes to router settings.
(4). Go to manage settings for the WiFi router - Confirm the SSID - select the WPA-PSK Encryption to configure WPA security.
(5). Try to change the channel to 9 / 11 / 13 - save settings.
(6). Try to dis-select WMM - save settings.
(7). If the Wi-Fi wireless network connection uses dual-band, change 2.4GHz to 5GHz.
● Try to use another tablet or digital device to connect to the same WiFi SSID. Make sure the problem is not caused by the router.
● Download the corresponding model firmware and flash it from the official Chuwi forum according the instructions.
● If the problem continues, the WiFi module is damaged. Please consult the local repair shop.
● You may have simply opened too many different apps and functions. To decrease the power draw, close all unnecessary apps, processes and functions.
● A higher screen brightness can also consume more power. Manually adjust the brightness to a moderate level to reduce power consumption.
● If these fixes do not resolve the battery drain problem, the battery may be defective. Please contact the aftersales service and return the tablet for a factory repair.
The Chuwi Hi12 comes with an 11000 battery. But the test tool may tell you that the battery is 10125mAh or so. The test tool you are using is not 100% accurate, precise testing needs more professional sophisticated detection equipment. Besides, the Windows will reserve some power, manufacturing process may use some and etc. Therefore, you generally cannot get 100% of the capacity.
● Make sure you are using the original USB cable and charger (AC adapter: 100 - 240V, 5V 1.5A - 3A) to ensure the correct input and output power values.
● Maybe you are running at higher brightness or much high average CPU utilization, shut down the unnecessarily app. Furthermore, we are not suggesting to use the tablet while charging.
● Try not to let the battery drop below 20%, that is saying get the tablet charge about 20% battery level. Fully discharging the battery isn't good for the battery.
● If the problem continues, the battery display or the battery itself may be damaged. Go to a local repair store to fix the tablet, or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
Aluminum magnesium alloy.
Yes, it does.
Unfortunately, it doesn't.
Yes, it does.
Windows 10 Home.
Yes, of course you can.
We hope this guide has helped you get the most out of your awesome Chuwi Hi12 tablet. If you have encountered other issues that have not been covered in the guide, feel free to contact our Support Center to submit a help ticket. Our support staff will deal with your query as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
2017-02-28By Zim Watson