Dash cam troubleshooting guide
This is a guide you can run through just in case you have any trouble with your dash cam. Some of these are quite common and solvable issues we often encounter.
Usually this can be done through the pinhole sized reset button on the device itself. Hold for 2-3seconds to start the process. Check the user manual if you have no idea of where the reset button locates.
● DVR doesn't power up
1. Charge the camera for at least half an hour and make sure the car charger or USB cable works properly.
2. Dash cams need to be connected to a 12V car charger to operate.
3. Make sure the charger is connected properly and the indicator light is on. Test the camera with another charger unit. If there's nothing wrong with the charger, you can try to reset to factory default settings.
● DVR stops recording after a period of time
1. Make sure your memory card has been formatted and installed correctly. We recommend you to format the memory card once a month.
2. Make sure the "Loop Recording" function is activated to prevent the camera from stopping once the memory card is full. Not all cameras have this feature. Please check the user manual.
3. "Reset" the camera.
● DVR is frozen
1. Do a reset.
2. Disconnect the power and let it run its natural course; it's likely to fix itself once it powers down.
● DVR keeps rebooting
1. Check the power outlet/surge protector.
2. Test power supply with Volt meter.
Do a firmware upgrade on the DVR system. Consult the manufacturer.
|You may also want to read:|
|Dos and don’ts about dash cam memory cards|
|Ultimate Buying Guide | What dash cam should I get|
Some of these pictures are selected from network, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about them.
1 / 0
2017-11-20 By GB Blog Official
2016-11-25 By GB Blog Official
2016-11-10 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: GPS and GPRS tracking: what is the difference?
Next article: Guide to knife locking mechanisms
You might also like:
2017-06-20 By GB Blog Official
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson