Does the Xiaomi Mi 10 or Mi 10 Pro Water Proofing?
By Joe Horner 2020-03-30 36913 9
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pi2 Waterproof
LPDDR5, UFS3.0, Snapdragon 865 and strong photo performance are all highlights of Xiaomi Mi 10, but there is one thing you may not have noticed: P2i waterproof. This P2i logo in the official poster is located in a small corner, so what is P2i waterproof? What's the difference with IP68 waterproofing?
P2i VS IP68 Waterproof: Principle Difference
At ordinary times, as long as the new mobile phone has IP68-level dustproof and waterproof, it is a very powerful selling point, and the major mobile phone brands will not ignore it when promoting it. At present, mobile phone waterproofing is roughly divided into two types: structural waterproofing and nano-coating.
For example, the Samsung S20 series, some of Huawei's flagship phones, and the IP68 waterproof used by the iPhone are structurally waterproof. The fuselage is physically sealed to achieve waterproofing, and there will be a lot of sealants inside.
The P2i waterproof of the Xiaomi Mi 10 series belongs to the waterproof principle of "nano-coating". To put it simply, in the last link of mobile phone production, atomization coating is used in the position of a mobile phone circuit board, components, USB interface, shell and so on, if water repellent coating is used to make the solid line partially waterproof.
P2i VS IP68 Waterproof: Which is Better
P2i this kind of nano-coating can only be regarded as "mildly waterproof", and its greater significance is to ensure the safety of the fuselage components when the phone is splashed, drenched in the rain or dried immediately after falling into the water. P2i waterproofing is probably equivalent to IP53 waterproofing, which may be better, but it is definitely not as waterproof as IP68 waterproofing. IP68 waterproofing requires soaking in water with a depth of more than 1 meter for 30 minutes and can be used normally.
- IP68 actually refers to the waterproof and dustproof level, in which the first number represents the dustproof level, and the latter number 8 represents the waterproof level (a total of 9 levels).
- P2i is a nanotechnology development company, the full name is Perform Protect Improve, referred to as P2i, mainly for electronics, life, science and other related products to produce nano-coating protective agents.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2019-11-20By Joe Horner