Easy fixes for Xiaomi Mi5s 4G smartphone issues
This post covers issues relating to screen, fingerprint recognition, SIM card, power off, language support, etc., which you may meet on your Xiaomi Mi5s 4G smartphone.
In spite of Mi5s' notably powerhouse features, feedback from our customers has pointed to occasional glitches here and there during daily use. But, take it easy! Our handy guide shines the spotlight on how to fix the most common Xiaomi Mi5s problems. Let's get started.
● Restore Xiaomi Mi5s to the factory settings. Enter the phone "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & Reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: back up your personal data before the reset, as it will be wiped during the process.
● Try to turn off and reboot the phone.
● If the issue persists, the display's flexible flat cable may either be faulty or loose. This is a relatively minor issue, just take the phone to your local mobile repair store. Alternatively, contact our aftersales staff for technical assistance.
Do you find the Xiaomi Mi5s to be less responsive during charging? If so, try cutting off the power and stop charging - and the responsiveness should return to normal again. Charging current can have an impact on sensitivity.
If you have recently dropped or somehow damaged your Xiaomi Mi5s, the electrical circuitry may be broken and you'll have to go to a repair store or replace the screen display.
If these steps do not fix the issue, try the following:
● Check whether there are too many junk files, a large cache, or redundant files on the phone - these can all contribute to slowing down the system and make the touchscreen less responsive. We recommend cleaning your phone's OS regularly using reputable third-party maintenance apps, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, etc.
● There might be some system setting errors. Restore Xiaomi Mi5s to its factory default settings. Enter the phone "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & Reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: back up your personal data before the reset, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the phone screen itself may be faulty. We advise having the screen professionally repaired or replaced.
Fingerprint & SIM Card & Power Issues
● Make sure the screen is bright enough and your fingertip fully covers the sensor.
● Unlock your Xiaomi Mi5s with password first, and register your fingerprint again to check whether the scanner is effective.
● Please ensure the fingertip and the sensor surface are dry and clean to allow the reader to scan it correctly. Because the touch ID sensor recognized by the static electricity and heat on your fingers. For best results, the scan should be conducted in a normal temperature environment.
● Register more fingers, and try to unlock using different fingers; one of the original scans might be unclear.
● Adjust your finger position properly while registering, it is unnecessary to keep your fingers upright for you always unlock your phone casually in daily life.
● Ensure your fingers to touch the metal ring of the sensor, but not just in the middle of the sensor while recording, for metal ring is one of the most important sensor components that increase the recognition rate.
● If the above situations do not resolve the issue, try to reset your phone in "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & Reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: back up your personal data before the reset, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If none of these solutions work, it points to a potential component issue, e.g. broken sensor. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● Xiaomi Mi5s is a dual SIM dual standby phone. Check whether the SIM card is activated. If not, enter the phone's "Setting - SIM Cards Setting - SIM 1 (UIM1) / SIM 2 - Activate" and tick this option.
● Ensure the SIM card is inserted securely and correctly into the card slot. Hold your SIM card with the gold-plated side DOWN and the white side UP. Match the size of the SIM ('cut-off' corner on the top left) with the image on the SIM slot.
● The SIM card may have poor contact and needs to be cleaned. Power off your Xiaomi Mi5s, take out the SIM card and gently clean the chip in the SIM card.
● Try the SIM card with another phone. If it is still not recognized, the SIM card is faulty and needs to be replaced.
● Back up your important data in the phone, including contacts, messages, photos, etc. And restore to the factory settings in "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & Reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE".
● If the SIM card is detected by another phone, the SIM card slot on your phone may be damaged. Return the product for a factory repair.
● The phone battery shows a full charge, which may be a virtual current. The battery might be drained at once. Let your Xiaomi Mi5s charge for some time and then try booting the phone again.
● If Xiaomi Mi5s still cannot boot, press the phone's power button three times and then hold the power button it down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● If the issue still persists, it might be the system setting errors. Restore Xiaomi Mi5s to its default factory settings. While powering off, long press the power button and the volume up button together to boot the phone into Recovery Mode. Choose "wipe battery stats" in "Recovery - advanced - wipe battery stats". Then boot your phone to see if it auto powers off again.
● Should all the solutions still be ineffective, the battery itself may be damaged/defective or there is another hardware issue affecting the phone. Please contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair, or alternatively take the phone to a local phone repair store.
They are listed as the screenshot:
Of course, it supports QC3.0 fast charging protocol with maximum 15W charging power.
No, it is just a common glass screen.
We hope this short guide is able to help you get the most out of your Xiaomi Mi5s 4G smartphone. If you require further technical assistance about a specific issue that we did not cover, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our support staff will deal with your query as soon as possible.
|You may also want to read:|
|Review: Xiaomi Mi5s|
1 / 0
2017-09-11 By Sophia Windsor
2017-09-06 By Sophia Windsor
2017-09-04 By GB Blog Official
Next article: VKworld T3 smartphone troubleshooting guide
You might also like:
2016-12-28 By Zim Watson
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official