Easy fixes for Yotaphone 2 Smartphone issues
This guide covers many issues relating to screen, boot, battery charging, fingerprint recognition, and keypad, which you may encounter on your Yotaphone 2 smartphone.
A massive leap forward from its predecessor, the niche Yotaphone 2 is certainly one of the most unique smartphones ever made. Featuring a show-stopping dual "always-on" screen, it comes packed with full Android functionality and a novel rear e-ink display. But despite its extraordinary design and versatility, a number of users have experienced some unexpected problems in their daily use. We've got you covered: GearBest is here to resolve them all with easy fixes in our handy guide.
● The most likely culprit is a software or system error – try rebooting your phone.
● If the problem persists, restore the Yotaphone 2 to its factory default settings (this will wipe everything).
● If neither of the above methods fix the problem, the display's flexible flat cable may either be faulty or loose. This is a relatively minor issue, just take the phone to your local mobile repair store. Or contact our aftersales staff for technical assistance.
While the Yotaphone 2 utilizes a dual screen setup, you cannot use both the main screen and the rear display at the same time. Make sure the other screen is not active.
● Are you using the Yotaphone 2 while it's charging? If so, please stop charging the phone before using the phone. The charging current can affect the screen sensitivity.
● There may be too many junk files on the phone, this can slow down the system and make the touchscreen less responsive. We recommend cleaning your phone's OS regularly using reputable third-party maintenance apps, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, etc.
● If the problem is being caused by a major system failure, try to restore the phone’s default factory settings. Warning: back up your personal data before the reset, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the phone screen itself may be faulty due to a drop, impact or lack of maintenance. We advise having the screen professionally repaired or replaced.
● The E-ink back screen can sometimes appear in this way, particularly if the light conditions are not ideal. Try to view your phone screen in areas where the light is more even and consistent.
● Also try to change the display wallpaper or adjust the screen brightness to see if this resolves the issue.
● During the boot sequence, the OS is loading system files and also applying any updates (esp. following a firmware upgrade), and these steps can result in the slow running of the phone. Please be patient and wait for another 5 - 10 minutes.
● If the phone is still unresponsive, long press the power button for approximately 10 seconds to force the phone to reboot.
● If the phone still cannot boot correctly, the phone battery could be completely drained. Try connecting the phone to the original charger that came supplied with the phone, then charge the device for at least 10 minutes and then try to boot again.
● If charging is still not successful, restore the phone to its factory settings. Hold the power button and the volume up button together to boot into the phone's Recovery mode. Choose "double wipe" or "double W", i.e. wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
● Should the above solutions be ineffective, there may be an underlying hardware or system fault. Please contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● Connect and charge the phone using its original charger. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let the phone charge for a while and then reboot the device.
● Alternatively, restore the phone to the factory default settings. While powered off, long press the power button and the Volume Up button together to boot into Recovery mode. Navigate to the "Restore to the factory settings" option with the volume up and down buttons, select the option with the power button.
● To rule out the possibility of defective peripherals, change to another USB cable and/or power charger. Charge the phone for half an hour and then try to boot the phone.
● If none of the solutions not work, the most likely cause of the boot issue are the USB connector, mainboard, or the battery. Contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair or take the phone to a local phone repair store.
● Check all the connectors for visible signs of oxidation. Carefully remove any residue and try to charge the phone again.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol (ethanol) and carefully wipe the port clean. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge the phone using the original USB charger to ensure the input and output power values do not affect the charging.
● If the Yotaphone 2 still cannot charge, press the phone's power button three times and then hold the power button it down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains AC. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for some time and then try booting the phone again.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the USB port and/or battery may be damaged. Go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● You may have opened too many background apps and functions. To decrease the power consumption, turn off unnecessary apps, processes and functions, e.g. Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
● Higher screen brightness can also consume more power. Adjust the brightness to a moderate level to reduce the power draw.
● The battery could also be suffering from the "memory effect". At its boot state, fully charge the battery and remove the phone from the charger. Then fully discharge/drain the battery. Repeat this procedure three times. Next, reboot the phone into Recovery mode: long press the power button and volume up button together. Choose these option: "Recovery - advanced - wipe battery status".
● If these fixes do not resolve the battery drain problem, we recommend replacing the battery.
● Check the battery temperature. You can download apps to test the battery temperature.
● If the temperature is above 122°F (50°C), then the battery has developed a fault – simply replace it. However, if the battery temperature is below 122°F (50°C), then the phone itself has developed problems. A defective battery or phone can be dangerous: go to a local repair store to fix the battery or device, or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
Keypad & Button Issues
● This kind of impaired response can sometimes be caused by third-party apps which are incompatible with the OS version or just buggy. Just uninstall the recently download app.
● There might be an internal system fault. Restore the phone to its factory settings:
(1). If you can enter the phone's Settings: go to Backup & Reset, choose Factory data reset -- RESET PHONE and reboot it.
(2). If you're unable to access settings, power off the phone and long press the power button and volume up button together to boot into Recovery mode. Choose "wipe data/factory reset" with the volume button, and select the option with the power button.
● There could be a screen fault, loose contact, or some kind of circuit damage. We recommend having the phone professionally repaired.
● Enter the phone's Settings: Go to "Sound & notification" area, change the mode to General mode, and tap the gear icon to modify the settings. Adjust the Alarm volume or Call volume with the volume buttons to check if they work and whether the volume can be changed.
● If the volume cannot be adjusted, there may be a system fault - try rebooting your phone and check if this solves the issue.
● Alternatively, perform a factory reset. With the phone powered off, long press the power button and volume up button together to boot into Recovery mode. Choose and confirm the "double wipe" option: "wipe data / factory reset" and "wipe cache partition", then reboot the system by selecting "reboot system now".
● If none of the above methods work, the hardware buttons themselves may be damaged. Contact the aftersales service to arrange a professional repair or go to a local repair shop.
Yes, you can. However think carefully before you update the system, as there may be instability or bugs after flashing updates.
No, it doesn't support this feature.
Yes, it is designed to support this feature.
Yes, it has native support for this feature.
No, the phone does not support OTA updates.
Yes, it does.
Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
It is the YD206 (China) version of the phone.
If you have any other questions regarding the Yotaphone 2, head over to our GearBest Support Center and submit a support ticket. We are always happy to help, and will reply you as soon as possible.
1 / 0
2017-12-06 By GB Blog Official
2017-12-01 By Adeline Belluz
2017-11-15 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: Solve 3 LETV LeEco LE1 PRO X800 smartphone troubles
Next article: NO.1 D5+ 3G Smartwatch Phone troubleshooting
You might also like:
2017-02-14 By Zim Watson
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson