Effortlessly resolve Elephone M3 phone problems
The problems you trapped in on Elephone M3 smartphone - screen, cellular data/internet/WiFi connection, battery issues and other function troubles. The solutions are already prepared for, click to view!
Unique logo, stylish design, premium quality, and mighty features, those are the characters Elephone smartphone sports and continuously inherits. Until now, its 2017 new arrival Elephone M3 is born and catches the eyeballs of the phone fans. Without denying, it acts quite nice and matches the consumers' expectation. But during the usage, some of our Elephone M3 users also send us emails with some troubles that they have met regarding this phone. We seek the solutions for each of the matters they mentioned, and now let's troubleshoot them!
Network & WiFi
● Please check whether you have turned on the cellular data feature. Drag the shortcut menu from the phone screen's top, check whether the cellular data feature is turned on. If not, simply tap the button to open it.
● If you have installed a phone / cellular data management application, when your cellular data package will run out, the application will automatically turn off the cellular data feature to prevent its overuse. So check the app's settings. You can cancel the cellular data automatically switches off setting.
● Make a phone call to check whether your phone is out of service, if yes, please pay your bill and then reboot your phone, then you can normally use the cellular data.
● Install an APN application on your phone if you have mistyped the wrong APN on your phone which will stop you using the cellular data. But this application can automatically correct the APN for your phone according to the SIM card operator's information.
● Ask the SIM card operator whether you have activated the internet service if your SIM card is a new one.
● Remove the SIM card from your phone and install it into another phone to check whether the cellular data is available. If yes, your phone got something wrong. You can take it to a phone fixing store to check and fix. If it needs to exchange some components, you'd better to contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory to replace the original ones.
● Please check whether you have activated the 4G network service by asking the SIM card's operator.
● Remove this SIM card from your Elephone M3 to insert it in another phone and check whether the 4G network is available. If not, the SIM card has something wrong. Please bring it to the SIM card service center and ask help from the staff. If yes, continue with the next step.
● Please check whether the phone supports this SIM card's 4G network frequency band. For Elephone M3 smartphone, it supports FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz 4G network. You can also refer to this Country-based mobile phone network frequency bands coverage guide, to check the different brand's SIM card's supporting network frequency bands. If it supports, your phone has something wrong. Please take it to a phone repair center for fixing. If not, change a FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz 4G network SIM card.
● The first way you can try it to reboot your phone to exclude the system error or app incompatibility reason.
● When the battery voltage is unstable, the circuit which supports the internet signal receiving cannot earn enough power to maintain the normal work. Therefore, the signal will be reduced as well, so that the internet will become unstable and break frequently. For this condition, just take it to a phone fixing center to repair the battery.
● The signal is weak at the place you stay. Simply move to an open area like a balcony or a main street to test whether the internet connection becomes stable.
● Sometimes the network operator will make some adjustments to the signal or fix some signal errors, which may affect your phone receiving the signal normally. Just wait for some time and try again. Or maybe something happens to the base transceiver station/signal tower. Call the SIM card operator to ask the reason.
● If none of the ways work, probably the phone's hardware is broken. Take it to a phone repair center to check and fix.
● Check whether the WiFi router works normally that whether the flash LED lights are shinning.
● Use other devices to connect to the WiFi signal to see whether this problem also happens to them. If yes, it means there are something wrong with the WiFi router. Please reset your WiFi router.
● Also, if the WiFi router has been connected by too many devices at the same time, the router is overloaded. So the signal will becomes unstable, and the IP addresses may be conflicted among different devices. To solve this issue, you can set a static IP address for every connected device. Or disconnect a few devices to offer a better signal to your phone.
● The Wi-Fi signal's encryption type may not suit to phone. Check your WiFi router's setting, and change the encryption type to WPA2-PSK.
● If no, the problem should belong to your phone. So please check whether you have switched off the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" feature. Enter the phone's Settings - Wi-Fi, click the right top menu button, choose the Advanced setting, tap Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep option, tick Always option.
● If you have turned on the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" feature and the Wi-Fi router also works normally, maybe your phone has some unknown system errors. Please reboot your phone or just directly reset your phone to break this factor.
● Once all the methods are useless, then the phone's network & WiFi related components must be damaged. Please contact the after-sales service to send the phone back to the factory to repair.
● Make sure that whether the object you shoot exceeds the camera's focusing range. If yes, the camera cannot focus on that object, which makes the photo look unclear. Just move the object into the effective range, that's done.
● Check whether you have set the shooting mode as the Micro mode, if so, the camera is hard to focus on the shooting object as well. Simply change the settings to Normal mode.
● When the color of the object you shoot is very close to the background, it's hard for the camera to focus on it. Try to use some different color background.
● The darkness (the light is dark) and bad shot environment will slow the shutter speed, making the camera hard to focus, too. Turn on the flashlight when taking pictures in such kind of condition. If you don't want to use the flashlight, after you click the shoot button, prevent to move the phone until the picture comes out.
● If your hand is shaking when shooting the photo, the camera cannot focus well on the object, which also leads this result. So try your best to prevent the hand shaking when taking a picture.
You have to understand that a phone camera is not a professional SLR camera, and its features, of course, are not powerful as the SLR camera's.
It usually happens due to the following three reasons:
● Check whether there are any obstacles covering the front camera lens. Remove it, then the lens can capture the scenery.
● Camera program error happens when it's launching or accessing the data. Just shut it off and reopen it. Alternatively, reboot your phone.
● Third party camera application incompatibility issue. Maybe the camera app you installed is not compatible with your phone's operating system or the built-in camera program. Or the camera app is not well installed. The simplest way is to uninstall the app and reinstall it.
● If it happens on the phone's built-in camera application/program, you can try to reset the camera: Enter the phone's Settings - App management - All - Camera, choose clean cache and data option.
● Also, there is a final resort for you to try - reset the phone. Go to the phone Settings -- Backup & reset, choose Factory data reset -- RESET PHONE -- ERASE EVERYTHING. But do remember to backup your personal data before the reset, otherwise they will be removed permanently.
● If none of the methods are successful, there must be something wrong with the camera's hardware like the component is loosened or damaged. Take it to a phone fixing center to repair or contact the after-sales service to send it back to the factory for repair.
Battery & charge
The effective electric that charges into the battery only occupies half of the total amount because the other half part is transforming to heat energy. It's a common physical phenomenon.
● Once the phone is fully charged but you don't pull it out from the charger, all the electric power will all transform to heat energy, sure the phone will become hot.
● If you are playing the phone when charging it like playing an online game or watching a movie, the phone CPU is working at a high speed, which will also create and release abundant heat. So prevent heavily using the phone when it's charging.
● The most terrible situation is that the battery is damaged or aged. When the heat is extremely high and expanded, please stop charging it immediately and leave it away! Wait until it cools down and take it to a local phone fixing store to check and contact the after-sales service to exchange the battery.
How long a battery can work actually depends on how to use it. If you turn on all the phone's functions or open the GPS, cellular data, WiFi or Bluetooth feature all the time, sure the battery consumes very fast that cannot be used for a long time even after a full charge. And if the screen brightness is high and always lights, it will speed up the power consumption as well. So follow the below solutions to prevent the battery fast consumption issue:
● Shut off the functions and apps you rarely use, and only launch them when needed.
● Turn down the screen's brightness manually or set the screen brightness as the automatic adjusting mode.
● Maybe the battery hasn't been activated before, so activate the battery: continuously use the phone until the battery runs out and the phone powers off automatically. Then charge it. Do it for several times.
● Wipe out the battery's memory (only available on the rooted Elephone M3 phone):
a. Power on the phone and charge it.
b. Once the charge finish notification appears, pull it out from the charger.
c. Power off the phone and then connect it to the charger to charge it again until the screen shows the "charge completes" notification.
d. Disconnect the phone from the charger and power on the phone and power it off immediately when it enter the phone system.
e. Charge it again until the fully charged notification comes out again.
f. Long press the Power button and Volume + button together to enter the phone's Recovery mode. Choose Recovery -- advanced -- wipe battery status.
● If all these methods make no sense, there must be something wrong with the phone's battery or related components. Please contact the after-sales service for more help or return it back the factory to check and repair.
The reasons that could cause this problem is numerous like system errors, application incompatibility, virus attacks, hardware broken, etc.
● Long press the Power button to shut it off. Then in the power off state, long press the phone's Power button and Volume + button together to enter the phone's Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to choose the Factory reset option, then press Power button to recover the phone.
● If you could normally enter the phone, uninstall the applications which are not compatible with your phone OS. (When you launch these applications the phone OS crashes and starts to reboot unusually, it means they are not compatible with your phone OS.)
● Use the phone management application or a third party security application to scan and kill the viruses.
● Or reset your phone to remove all those possibilities if you think it's hard to figure out the reasons. Do remember to back up the important data to SD card or other external location like a PC or hard disk.
● But if the factory reset cannot save your phone from this phone dead problem, try to flash the phone's firmware. Download the Elephone M3's firmware from its official forum to flash it. The specific ROM flashing tutorial is contained in that page, just operate as the guide says. If it's not easy for you, you can ask help from the professional phone fixing center staff or search other flashing video from YouTube.
● Once all the solutions don't work, it should be a hardware broken issue, please contact the after-sales service for more help.
● When the phone's battery power runs out, it will automatically power off. So please charge the phone with its original USB charger. Once this reason is eliminated, there are other solutions for you to try:
● If this problem happens when you install or use a specific application, probably it's because the application program is not compatible with the Elephone M3 phone OS. When you boot the phone ,do not launch the app but uninstall it.
● When you cannot figure out the reason, you can do a factory reset to remove all the data and programs to completely destroy all the system error or app incompatibility possibilities. Sure, for some important data, you can copy it to your PC and later transfer back to the phone.
● However, if you cannot enter the phone OS, in the power off state.
a. Long press the phone's Power button and Volume - button to enter its Factory mode program, and use the Volume - button to choose the Reboot option and press Power button to confirm your selection.
b. If the first step still cannot normally launch the phone, in the Factory mode program, please choose Clean eMCC option and then press Power button to confirm your selection to reset your phone .
● Or you can also try to flash the phone's firmware. Download the Elephone M3's firmware from its official forum to flash it. The specific ROM flashing tutorial is contained in that page, just operate as the guide says. If you are afraid of doing wrong operation, you can ask help from a professional technician who works in the local phone repair center.
● If none of the methods work, it might be a complicated system or hardware problem which needs to be repaired by the phone supplier, so please contact the after-sales service.
USB Connection & Screen
● Please check whether you have turned on the USB debugging mode. Enter the phone's Settings - Developer options, switch on the USB debugging mode.
● The USB cable is probably broken. Try with another working USB cable.
● Besides the USB cable issue, the PC's USB port may get damaged as well. Simply change another USB port to have a try.
● Alternatively, the phone's USB port might be oxidized, simply use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol to wipe the port and then wait for a minute until the alcohol is dry. And retry to connect it to the PC.
● If you are required to install the driver, just download the Elephone M3's driver from its official forum.
● Usually the listed solutions can resolve this issue, if not, the most possible reason should be the Elephone M3's USB port or connection component is broken. Please take it to a local phone repair center to check and fix. Or you can contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory to repair.
● Make sure your finger is not wet, otherwise sure the screen cannot detect your finger and won't react to your operation.
● If it only happens when charging, maybe the electricity influences the touch reaction, which is a hardware issue. Disconnect the power charger then you can use the screen normally.
● Once there are too many junk caches storing in the phone, the speed of the phone's operating system will be slowed down, therefore, the touch reaction will be influenced as well. So use your phone management application or a third party phone management app to clean these junk files.
● System error. You can try to reset the phone: Enter the phone Settings interface -- Backup & reset, choose Factory data reset -- RESET PHONE -- ERASE EVERYTHING and then try again. But do remember to backup your personal data before the reset, otherwise they will be removed permanently.
● If all these ways cannot solve this matter, without doubts, the touch screen is damaged. So please take it to a local phone repair center for fixing or contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory for repair.
We sincerely hope this phone fixing guide can help you solve the Elephone M3 smartphone issues.
For Gearbest customers: if the above solutions are not working for your issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Just fill the ticket with your questions at our Support center and send it to us. And we will try our best to deal with it as soon as possible when we receive it. We are always here for helping you.
Gearbest after-sales center: Support Center.
1 / 0
8 hours ago By GB Blog Official
3 days ago By Adeline Belluz
2017-12-06 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: Solutions for UMI Max 4G Phablet Issues
Next article: Troubleshoot the top 8 OUKITEL K4000 Pro 4G phone issues
You might also like:
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson