Fix JXD 509W quadcopter | propeller spinning & lifting off problems
By Zim Watson 2017-05-22 2013 0
|The four propellers spin in different speed.|
|One electric motor doesn't work.|
|The JXD 509W quadcopter directly flips when flying.|
|The JXD 509W quadcopter only flies/leans to one side.|
1. The four propellers spin in different speed.
● Simply calibrate the drone. Connect the drone to the transmitter (turn on both the drone and the transmitter, then press the left joystick up to the top then down to the bottom, when you hear a beep sound, the connection is made), then move the throttle lever (left joystick) to the right bottom and the directional lever (right joystick) to the left bottom at the same time, then the drone indicator will flash quickly. Wait until the indicator lights normally, the calibration is done. Try to fly the blades to check whether the four propellers spin in the same speed.
● The four electric motors' output power is different, you can press side-flying trimmer and the front/rear trimmer button to fine tune their spinning speed.
● The propeller's spinning speed also can be affected by the wind strength and the magnetic field strength. So please avoid flying the quadcopter in the strong wind or the strong magnetic field environment.
● Maybe the gears of some propellers get stuck, simply add some lubricating oil for them.
● If the quadcopter directly flips when flying, the reason should be the electric motors are installed in the wrong location. Use the screwdriver which inside the package to uninstall the quadcopter case, check the color of the four motors, the diagonal motors' cables should be the same color. Exchange them to the right location. Actually, it's hard to do, so ask help from an RC toy shop.
● Turn off the carefree mode to correct the propellers' spinning speed. Press down the HEADLESS MODE button on the transmitter to quite the carefree mode, and repeat the first or second step to regulate or fine tune your quadcopter. Alternatively, reboot the quadcopter and the transmitter, then pair them again. When the direction is corrected, the spinning speed of the propellers will be almost the same, then you can use the carefree mode again.
2. One electric motor doesn't work.
● Maybe the connection between the quadcopter and the remote controller is poor. Try to reboot both the two devices, and then pair them again: Move the left joystick to the top and then to the bottom until both of the indicator lights on the controller and the quadcopter stop flashing and become lighted, a beep sound will be heard.
● Try to regulate the quadcopter, so that to adjust the gyro's parameters: Place the quadcopter on a horizontal surface, press the fine tuning buttons to level the quadcopter.
● Maybe the electric cable between the motor and the main circuit board is broken, or they are in bad contact. You can uninstall the quadcopter case to check the connection condition. Actually, it's hard to do, so ask help from an RC toy shop. If so, it's a small problem, just take it to a digital product fixing store to fix.
● If all the ways make no sense, the reason should be the motor is broken. You need to change a new motor. The JXD 509W original motor is available on our Gearbest.
3. The JXD 509W quadcopter directly flips when flying.
● If the quadcopter propellers can spin but it cannot lift off, or it directly flips when flying, usually it's because you install the propellers in the wrong location. Please refer to the below picture to install them correctly. All the marked A or B propellers need to install in the A/B location. All the A mark propellers need to be installed in the diagonal locations, so do the B mark ones.
● Maybe the propellers are installed too tight on the motors. Check them. If yes, please adjust the tightness (loosen them) and then check whether the quadcopter can spin normally.
● Maybe the electric motors are installed in the wrong location. Please check the diagonal motors' cable color is the same or not, if not, they are installed wrong. Actually, to uninstall the drone cover is too hard, so ask help from an RC toy shop. Simply exchange their location.
4. The quadcopter only flies/leans to one side.
● Check whether you have correctly installed the propellers to the right locations. Look at each propeller, there is a marked A or B on its back, and the same mark propellers need to be installed in the diagonal location. Please refer to the below picture to install them correctly. If you installed wrong, the propellers will spin in the same direction, sure it will lean to one direction.
● Maybe the quadcopter hasn't been regulated. Try to regulate it: Place the drone on a horizontal surface and press the below button to fine tune their output power.
Maybe the some propellers install too tight, so that they cannot spin fast as the others, therefore, it will fly to just one direction. Check the propeller tightness condition and loosen the necessary ones.
● Some of the electric motors might have something wrong. It's hard to judge the motor spinning speed is the same or not by eyes, so you can exchange the opposite (left/right) motors to check whether the quadcopter starts to fly to the opposite side (you need to uninstall the drone cover, but it's hard to do, so ask help from an RC toy shop). If yes, the reason is proved, the electric motor needs to be exchanged. The JXD 509W original motor is available on our Gearbest.
● After the motor being exchanged, if the quadcopter still flies to the same side, it means the motors are alright, but the main circuit board/remote control component has something wrong. Please take the quadcopter to an RC toy store to check and repair. If the problem is very serious that the main circuit board needs to be replaced, please contact the after-sales service for help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Answers for JXD 509W quadcopter transmitter & SD card issues|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the JXD 509W quadcopter from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2018-02-13By Zim Watson
2018-09-26By Steve Lowry
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2018-09-27By Steve Lowry
2017-02-22By Zim Watson
2018-10-18By Niki Jones
Prev article:BAYANGTOYS X8 RC quadcopter ascent/flying issues