Fix JXD 510G quadcopter flying & transmitter issues
By Zim Watson 2017-05-23 1208 3
|The drone flies backward.|
|It cannot fly for a short time (about 1 - 2minutes).|
|The transmitter cannot control the quadcopter.|
The drone flies backward.
The drone can fly, so we can know that all the propellers can spin and the motors are working normally. Therefore, there are only three possible reasons for this problem:
1. The blades are installed wrong.
Look at each blade, there is an A or B mark on its back, and on each motor's cover surface, there is also an A or B mark, all the A mark blades need to install on the A mark motors, so do the B mark ones. And the A mark blades need to be installed on the diagonal location.
2. The One-key return button is activated.
You should know when you press the One-key return button, even if the quadcopter is rushing forward, it will immediately stop and flies backward to its starting location.
Simply move the directional lever (the right joystick) to cancel the one-key return operation. Then the aircraft can fly forward normally.
3. The quadcopter hasn't been calibrated.
If the quadcopter is not regulated or fine tuned, it will work abnormally, such as lean to one side when flying.
Please pair the JXD 510G with its transmitter again and then calibrate it through the transmitter:
● Turn off both the transmitter, and then power on them again. The drone's indicator will flash quickly. The transmitter's indicator will light, and you will hear two "beep" sound from it.
● Move the throttle lever to the top (the drone's indicator will flash slower), then move it to the bottom, you will hear one "beep" sound now, and the drone's indicator will stop flashing but keeps lighting, which means the connection is made.
● Move the throttle lever to the right bottom side and the directional lever to the left bottom side at the same time, the indicator of the aircraft will flash quickly.
It cannot fly for a short time (about 1 - 2 minutes).
The users fed back that JXD 510G's indicator flashes and can only fly 1 to 2 minutes. Even changed the battery, the drone's flying time's still short.
Generally, if the battery is fully charged, the JXD 510G quadcopter can fly 8 to 10 minutes. But how long it exactly can fly is depending on how you use play with this toy. If you play with it with difficult movements and skills, sure the battery will consume faster than the general condition. Refer to following reasons:
1. The battery is going to run out.
This is the most possible reason. Just charge the battery to a full status, then have a test again.
● Please charge it to a USB port with its original USB cable. Wait until the cable's indicator lights with red light, the battery is full.
● Usually it takes about 60 minutes to fully charge an empty battery. If you only charge it for a short time after it drains, sure the battery can only save a little power inside, so that can only support the quadcopter flying for a short time.
2. The battery is damaged.
After a full charge, if you haven't flight it with complicated skills or movements, but the battery consumes still fast, the battery has some problems.
● You can use an electric voltage tester to test the battery's voltage before and after a full charge, if the voltage has no changes or it is not about 4.2V, the battery is damaged.
● The normal voltage range of a 1S battery is 3V - 4.2V, if the result is higher than 4.2V, the battery is overcharged and cannot be restored, you can change a new JXD 510G battery for this drone. But if the result is lower than 3V, you can try to use a balance charger to charge it, maybe it can be restored.
3. The quadcopter has something wrong.
When the above two reasons are excluded, the quadcopter itself may have some problem, but that's too complicated to tell the reasons. So please contact the after-sales service, this drone needs to be sent back the factory to check and repair.
1. Please charge the battery with its original USB cable to a USB port. Do not charge it with a power charger on a socket. Otherwise, the battery is easy to be damaged.
2. When the battery drains, if it's heated, do not charge it immediately. Wait for half or one hour until it cools down, then you can charge it.
3. Do not charge it for a long time. When the USB cable's indicator lights, stop charging it. If you continue to charge it, the battery will be overcharged and the lifespan will be shortened.
5. Do not place the battery at any high temperature or humid environment.
The transmitter cannot control the quadcopter.
This problem usually happens due to the below reasons:
1. The quadcopter doesn't pair well with the transmitter.
Before to fly the drone, you need to pair it with the transmitter, otherwise, the transmitter cannot control it. The correct steps to pair them are:
● Connect the power cables of the drone and the battery.
● Switch the power button to the ON status to launch the drone, the indicator will flash quickly.
● Install 4 grains of 1.5V AA battery into the transmitter.
● Power on the transmitter, you will hear two "beep" sound, its indicator will light.
● Move the throttle lever to the top, the drone indicator will flash slower.
● Then move the throttle lever to the bottom, you will hear one "beep" sound, and the drone indicator will stop flashing and becomes eternal bright.
Now the two devices are connected successfully. Please check whether you have done these operations.
2. The battery of the transmitter will run out.
This is easy to understand. When the battery will run out, the signal strength that shot by the transmitter will be weak, so that it cannot control the quadcopter as normal.
Simply change the new battery for the transmitter, the problem will be solved.
3. The transmitter is broken-down.
When all the above two reasons are eliminated, and because the phone can control the drone, so the drone's signal receiver is fine, so there is only one reason left - the transmitter is truly broken-down. Why it becomes broken is complicated to explain, maybe you have dropped it on the floor hard, or the circuit or signal shooting parts are loosened or damaged, etc.
Please take the quadcopter and transmitter to an RC toy shop to check and repair. Or directly contact the after-sales service for more advice.
|You may also want to read:|
|JXD 510G quadcopter troubleshooting guide|
|JXD 510G 5.8G RC drone user manual in English|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the JXD 510G quadcopter from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
2018-09-26By Steve Lowry
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2018-10-15By Niki Jones
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2018-10-18By Niki Jones