Fix OnePlus 5 phablet charging problems
Are you bothered by some charging problems of OnePlus 5 phablet, such as failure to be fully charged, or display abnormally when charging? If you are, you might as well refer to the following guide when you meet these issues.
1. My OnePlus 5 smartphone battery can't be fully charged.
● Generally speaking, the process of battery charging usually experiences three stages: fast current charging, constant current charging and trickle current charging. When the phone battery reaches 80 percent of its capacity, it will step into the trickle charge stage. Trickle charge is the final step in the charging process, and the battery will be charged very slowly during this period. At this moment, the phone battery may be mistakenly tested as fully charged by some battery test software, so phone's automatic battery charging protection will make your phone stop charging. If that's the case, just try following steps below:
A. Make sure your phone battery is drained completely. (Wait for one or two minutes after first-time shutdown, and see if you can power the phone on again.)
B. Plug your handset into a charger, full charge your phone in power off state, then boot it.
● If the above guide doesn't solve this problem, your phone battery may come with defect, please contact our after-sales service or ask for professional assistance of repair store.
2. My OnePlus 5 phone refuses to charge once the battery reaches 82% of its capacity.
● The charger and charging cable has something wrong. Please replace another charger and charging cable instead. You can buy a new one at a OnePlus 5 official store or a reputable online store.
Note: official charger and charging cable are highly recommended to charge for your phone.
● Maybe the battery has not been activated. Discharge the battery and let the phone auto power off. Then full charge the battery. If the issue still persists, repeat this operation for twice.
● If neither of the solutions resolves this matter, your phone battery or the mainboard may break down. You can contact our after-sales service to arrange a product return and factory repair, or go to the local repair store for professional assistance.
3. My OnePlus 5 handset displays "the device temperature is too low" when charging.
● Try charging your phone with another adapter to see if the indication still arises.
● If it still appears the indication, try doing a factory reset in Settings and following the steps: Settings - Back up & reset - back up my data and Factory data reset - erase internal storage - reset phone. Please back up all your important data firstly since all the data will be wiped during the process.
● If all the solutions are excluded, it may be a motherboard problem, please contact with OnePlus service center or our after-sales service to ask for help. For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased OnePlus 5 Phablet from us, but the post doesn't solve your issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
● If all the solutions are excluded, it may be a motherboard problem, please contact with OnePlus service center or our after-sales service to ask for help.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased OnePlus 5 Phablet from us, but the post doesn't solve your issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
1 / 0
6 days ago By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-07 By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-02 By Adeline Belluz
Prev article: How to use an unlocked phone
Next article: How does Xiaomi Mi 6 splash resistance work?
You might also like:
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson