Fix XK Detect X380 quadcopter flying & motor issues
By Sophia Windsor 2017-09-01 1524 5
XK Detect X380 flying issues
● How long your quadcopter can stay in the air depends on the mode of operation. The drone will consume more power if it's directed to do complicated air stunts or tricks in the air. On the other hand, if you are flying the quadcopter in beginner mode, the battery will last longer.
● You can try flying the drone again after a quick charge-up. Check whether the quadcopter can fly for a decent period of time. If not, there may be a problem with the drone's battery. Check the battery's voltage after a full charge. In general, the normal tested voltage for an 11.1V battery is about 12.6V. If the tested voltage is more than 12.6Vm this indicates that the battery is over-charged and you should change to a new one. Alternatively, you can buy a new original XK DETECT X380 battery on Gearbest.
● Make sure to pay attention to the following when changing your quadcopter's battery:
A. If you don't have the original charger, it's better to plug the USB cable into a computer to charge the battery. Don't charge your drone battery with phone charger as this can lead to battery damage.
B. Don't immediately charge the battery once it is out of power. The heated battery is more prone to damage - so it's a good idea to give it a short rest before charging.
C. Don't leave the battery plugged into the charger for too long.
D. Make sure you are using the appropriate charging current.
E. Don't charge the battery too frequently as frequent charging will affect battery life and performance.
F. Don't leave the battery unused for a long period of time and keep it away from humidity and high temperatures.
● Sometimes, the crash may be caused by misoperation. For example, if the quadcopter is not paired correctly with the transmitter or if you pull down the throttle by accident, the drone will crash.
● Another possible reason is very low battery. Make sure to check if your quadcopter is fully charged before every take-off.
● There could be some interfering signals around you. Try changing locations and make sure you are not close to a transmission tower, airports, or steel structures, etc.
● Your transmitter may be causing the issue due to low battery or damage. Check if the battery is fine and if the problem persists, consult a repairman.
● The flying distance of the drone may be beyond the maximum range. Make sure you are flying the quadcopter within range.
● The battery power of the transmitter or quadcopter may be low. Fully charge the transmitter and the quadcopter and try again.
● If charging doesn't help, the battery may be damaged. Try changing to a new battery.
● The problem may also be caused by a loosened propeller. Examine the propeller and make sure it's attached properly. If not, tighten the screws.
● The propellers or motors of the quadcopter may be damaged. Have them checked by a repairman. If a replacement is needed, it is recommended you purchase original components. You can purchase original propellers and motors for the XK Detect X380 quadcopter on Gearbest.
XK Detect X380 motor issues & others
● Uninstall the propeller to check whether the noises persist. If so, the drone motor may be damaged and needs to be professionally repaired.
● Verify if the motor gear is loose or damaged, if so, please re-install it. If it is damaged, you will need to replace the motor.
The optimal weight limit is 300 - 500g. The heavier the load on the quadcopter, the shorter the battery will last.
The main board version is X380.
No, the XK Detect X380 quadcopter doesn't support the FPV function.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the XK Detect X380 quadcopter from us, but the post above doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-11-13By Linky Johnson
2017-05-12By Linky Johnson
2018-11-21By Steve Lowry
2017-02-19By Zim Watson
2018-11-12By Linky Johnson
Prev article:JJRC H98 RC quadcopter troubleshooting guide
Next article:6 questions about locating your lost Android phone