Fix YI II 4K action camera WIFI connection problems
A quick guide to fix YI II international version 4K action camera connection problems: connecting the camera to the phone,app and more.
Recently, some users have reported that their YI II action camera cannot connect to the phone/app or flashes the "Camera Busy" notification. What's wrong and how to solve the problem? Find answers below.
1. Make sure you install the right app: download the latest YI Action app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Or, simply scan the below QR code to download the app.
2. Make sure the camera's WIFI is on. If it's not, turn the WIFI on and wait for 10 seconds for the feature to activate. Once WIFI is working, the indicator light will turn blue.
3. Check whether your phone has a strong WIFI signal and make sure it is connected to the right device. Launch the YI Action app, search the available WIFI signal and connect to the "YDXJ_xxxxxxx" WIFI SSID.
4. Check whether you have input the right camera WIFI password, the default password is 1234567890. If you have changed the password in the app, but you have forgotten the password, please reset the camera: long press the camera Power button + WIFI button together until you hear a beep sound which signifies that the reset is done. Now you can input the default password to connect it to the app.
5. Maybe the camera is connected to another phone. The camera can only connect to one phone at a time.
6. Make sure the phone and the camera are within the effective connection distance: 100m.
7. If there are many WIFI hot spots around you, the connection between the phone and the camera can break easily. Try to avoid busy WIFI networks.
8. If none of the above solves the problem, the issue may be with the camera itself. Try restarting the camera and reboot the YI Action app, then turn on the camera's WIFI and re-connect the two devices. Long press the camera Power button + WIFI button together until you hear a beep sound signifying that the reset is complete.
10. If updating the camera does not help either and if the camera indicator light doesn't turn BLUE when you turn on the WIFI, there is probably something wrong with the camera's hardware. Take it to a camera shop to check and fix, or contact the after-sales service for help.
|You may also want to read:|
|YI II 4K action camera boot & TF card problems (International version)|
|Solve YI II 4K action camera screen & images issues (international version)|
|YI II 4K action camera flash/update guide|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the YI II (international version) 4K action camera from us, but the post above doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problems as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
1 / 0
2017-10-02 By Sophia Windsor
2017-08-08 By GB Blog Official
2017-07-24 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 troubleshooting guide
Next article: Fix: Onda V80 Plus won’t read the micro SD card
You might also like:
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-04-20 By Zim Watson
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson