Fix Z80 smart watch boot & screen problems
By Sophia Windsor 2017-09-19 2334 3
1. The Z80 smart watch powers off automatically even if it has 55% - 65% of its capacity.
● This problem may be caused by the temperature. Since Li-ion battery can last for shorter time when the temperature is lower than 10 Deg.C, especially in winter. Some old batteries even stop working when the temperature is below zero Deg.C. So when it’s at a low temperature, you should do something to keep your smart watch less cold, for example, let your sleeve cover the watch or put it in your pocket.
● Too many apps running at the same time will lead to the system crash. If so, shut off some apps not in use. Then reboot your smart watch to check if the problem disappears.
● There may be some system fault. Try resetting your smart watch: go to Settings feature, and then choose reset option to restore your smart watch.
● If the resetting still doesn’t help, flash the firmware of your smart watch. Download the Z80 Smart watch Firmware and Flash Tool in our Gearbest blog, and some detailed guides are shown here.
● If all these attempts fail, there may be something wrong with the battery or the circuit board. Please contact with our after-sales service or take it to a fixing shop to check and repair.
2. The Z80 smart watch shuts off automatically when it boots for just about 15 minutes.
● Your smart watch battery may have been completely drained. Please charge your smart watch for about 10 minutes, and then reboot it. In order to prolong the battery life, for the first few times charging, full charge your smart watch when the battery is running out and charge it at least for 2 - 3 hours under the shutdown mode.
● The broken charger and charging cable may lead to your smart watch less fully charged. Please change another effective charger and charging cable to charge your smart watch for about 10 minutes and then restart it.
● If all the above solutions don’t help, there may be some malfunctions on the USB port, battery, or the circuit board. Please return it back the factory to check and repair or take it to a fixing store to have it repaired.
Make your home more colorful at Yeelight smart LED light up to 35% OFF.
Gadgets that every housewife needs at Home Gadgets Up to 64% OFF.
3. My Z80 smart watch gets black screen and cannot boot.
● Your smart watch battery may be running in low power. Please charge your smart watch in time when it indicates a low power. For the first few times charging, full charge your Z80 smart watch for about 2 - 3 hours. After the charging is finished, press the power key for about 8 - 10 seconds to see if it can boot.
● If your smart watch still cannot boot after charging, please take out the SIM card and use an eraser to clean the metal pin on the SIM card. Then re-install the SIM card to check if it can power on.
● Please connect your smart watch to the power supply and press the power key for about 30 seconds to activate the battery. After charging it for about 10 minutes, try rebooting it to see if it works.
● There may be some system failure. Try flashing the firmware of your smart watch. Download the Z80 Smart watch Firmware and Flash Tool in our Gearbest blog.
● If your smart watch still displays black screen and cannot boot after trying all above workarounds, the hardware or circuit board may be damaged, please contact with our after-sales service or have it repaired in local repair shop.
For Gearbest customers: If you have other questions about your Z80 smart watch unmentioned in this post, welcome to submit your questions at our Support Center. We will try our best to deal with your problems as soon as possible.
|You may also want to read:|
|Fix Z80 smart watch charging & battery problems|
|Troubleshoot Z80 smart watch Bluetooth & SIM card issues|
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
Prev article:Fix Z80 smart watch charging & battery problems
Next article:What is TV box and how does it work?