Fixing Xiaomi Aqara hub can’t be connected to iOS and Android devices issues
By Steve Lowry 2019-04-10 33773 0
|How to connect Aqara hub to iOS and Android devices|
|iOS device connection issue|
|Android connection issue|
How to connect Aqara hub to iOS and Android devices?
Step 1. Download the Aqara Home App:Android devices: Such as Huawei P30 pro, Xiaomi mi 9, SAMSUNG Galaxy S10, OnePlus 6T, etc. You can download the Aqara Home app on the Google play store.
Note: You can also add Aqara hub to Mi Home App. Just follow the on-screen instruction (check the picture below), like adding it to Aqara home App, it is really easy.
Step 2. Connect the Aqara Hub to power supply:
Connect the Aqara Hub to the power supply, wait 30 seconds until the yellow light starts flashing rapidly. Make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network.
Step 3. Connect Aqara Hub in App:
Open the Aqara Home app, press "+" in the upper right corner to add the Hub. Follow on-screen instruction to scan or manually enter the HomeKit code (only for iOS users) on the hub or its packaging, then add the Hub to the corresponding room or home.
Step 4. Add remaining Aqara accessories :
To ensure a stable connection between the Hub and accessories, please place the Hub at the center of all the accessories and at least 1 meter above the floor. After the Hub is successfully added, add remaining Aqara accessories as needed.
Why my iPhone or iPad can’t be connected to Aqara hub?
1. Press and hold the gateway button for 10 seconds until the yellow light flashes (one of Aqara hub reset methods). Enter the "Aqara hub" interface and follow the prompts to enter the scan QR code to add the accessory interface.
|How to reset Aqara hub / gateway?|
2. Click "No code or can't scan?"
3. Select the accessory "Aqara Hub-XXXX" that displays the "House" icon (if not displayed, please wait for about 1 minute, the app will automatically scan the nearby gateway).
4. In the pop-up dialog box "Add accessories to the network" select Allow (if it doesn’t pop up the dialog box, please try restarting the phone and try again), select Manually enter the HomeKit code. If "Cannot add accessories" is still displayed, the possible causes and solutions are as follows:
● The router Wi-Fi signal is weak. Please move the gateway closer to the router and try again.
● Due to repeated failures, this may cause the gateway's cached Wi-Fi information to fail to be released. Please try restarting the phone and try again.
● If it is an enterprise router, log in to the router background to check whether "Disable mDNS to wireless terminal" is disabled.
Why my Android phone can’t be connected to Aqara hub?
1. Please check if the Wi-Fi password is entered incorrectly.
2. Please check if the Wi-Fi router name or password is set with special characters.
3. Check if the Wi-Fi network is connected to the Internet.
4. Check if the router Wi-Fi signal is weak. Please move the gateway closer to the router and try again.
5. Check if the Wi-Fi hotspot of the connected router is 5 GHz. Please switch to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and try again.
During Aqara hub / gateway connection, pay attention to these two points:
● Make sure the WiFi setting is Ok;
● iOS devices need to enter the Homekit code.
Then there will be no problem to connect Aqara hub to your smart devices, no matter Android or iOS.
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2019-08-21By Sigismondo Eisenhower
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2019-11-20By Joe Horner
Prev article:How to reset Xiaomi Aqara hub / gateway?
Next article:How to update Alfawise 3D printer firmware?