Gamer guide: 8 easy ways to fix Xbox controller issues
By GB Blog Official 2018-07-03 2751 2
If your Xbox wireless controller occasionally or randomly disconnects during use, there are some easy fixes you can try to solve this problem and get back to your gaming!
Restart your console
● This one is easy and straightforward.
● Simply turn your console off.
● Wait for a moment, and then turn it on again.
Test with a different console
● If you have access to another console, try your controller on that one.
● You can then determine if the problem is with the controller or console.
Move closer to the console
● The range for the wireless controller is about 6m.
● Controller performance can vary if you're facing the back of the console.
● If your console is situated in a cabinet then this can also affect the controller.
Remove sources of potential interference
● Any object that uses wireless tech can interfere with your wireless controller.
● Try removing or relocating these objects or wireless devices.
Examples: wireless peripherals, printers, digital cameras, cell phones, Bluetooth devices, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, cordless phones, etc.
Replace the batteries
● Make sure the console remains connected.
● If the Xbox button on your controller is lit, then it has sufficient power.
● If not, try replacing the batteries.
Resync the controller with the console
● Hold down the wireless connect button until the Xbox button flashes.
● Hold down the wireless connect button again.
● Wait until the light in the Xbox button on the controller stays on.
● This indicates that the wireless controller is connected to the console.
Disconnect all controllers and headsets
● Press and hold the guide button for few seconds.
● Unplug its cable from the console.
● Disconnect all of the controllers, and then try to reconnect the problematic controller.
Rearrange your play space
● If this problem happens when using multiple controllers, try rearranging your play area
● Alternatively, move the console to a different location or room.
We hope this short guide gets you back to your Xbox gaming!
For the purpose of this article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2019-06-13By Ingrid You
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
Prev article:Health guide | 5 essential tips for runners