Get this amazing universal fix for almost ALL DVR issues
By GB Blog Official 2018-07-03 6016 1
We provide some practical advice on how to manage SD cards to ensure they function correctly.
1. Check your SD card
The following issues are symptoms of the SD card being problematic rather than the camera or DVR:
● The camera is freezing or locking up.
● The device is randomly turning off.
● Audio/video are out of sync.
● Strange artifacts appear on the screen.
● Video playback is not smooth.
Memory cards used dashboard cams are exposed to a number of stresses.
E.g. large and rapid variations in temperature and humidity, sudden interruptions, instability and "spikes" in the power supply and constant mechanical vibration.
Any of these can lead to faults that can result in data loss or corruption.
Regularly formatting the SD memory card will not prevent it from happening, but it should alert you to any problems with the card or camera.
2. Tips for choosing and using memory cards
Choosing the right SD card is vital.
If you're spending good money on a camera then we highly advise buying a good quality memory card.
If you buy a cheap memory card to put in a brand new HD camera, then there is a good chance the card will fail on you. Choose a Class 6 or Class 10 card from a quality brand.
It is important to format your memory card on a regular basis. If your camera or recorder has a format function in the menu then this is the best way to format your SD card.
Remember: formatting your SD card will wipe all the data, so back up your video files before formatting, do not use the SD card in different devices without formatting first.
If your camera or device can format the SD card, this is recommended (check the user manual).
3. How to format an SD card using Windows OS
● Go to your Start Button (bottom left of windows) and click on "Computer" or "My Computer".
● Insert the SD Card into built-in card reader or connect the device via USB.
● Right click the icon and choose "Format". Choose "Quick Format" and then click "Start".
● Wait for the card to finish being formatted.
● Carry on using the card as normal.
If you still experience problems after the card has been formatted, it may indicate the memory card is starting to fail.
SD cards only have a limited amount of read/write cycles and they can go wrong.
4. How to format an SD card on a Mac computer
● Insert your SD memory card into your computer's SD slot or SD card reader.
● Mac OSX should recognize it automatically.
● Open up the Disk Utility Application and choose the SD card.
● Select "ERASE" from the sub menu.
● Choose "FAT" from the re-format menu.
● Wait a few minutes for the format process to fully complete.
Once finished, a notification will alert you. You can now store files on the memory card from your Mac or an external device such as a camera.
Hope it helps!
|You may also want to read:|
|How to do with these issues - car DVR recorder FAQ|
|Dome G30B car DVR firmware flash guide|
For the purpose of this new article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2019-08-21By Sigismondo Eisenhower
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2019-11-20By Joe Horner