How do Android phones enter & leave safe mode?
By Steve Lowry 2018-11-11 2263 0
The Safe Mode is introduced into Android from the 4.1 version. Its principle is similar to the safe mode of Microsoft Windows.
If a device has a problem, such as an application crash, reboot or quick battery depletion, the Safe Mode can be activated to check if the problem is caused by a third party application. After startup, the system does not load third-party applications, only their own system for normal startup. This allows the user to perform system detection, fix errors, or uninstall problematic applications.
The Safe Mode has the following characteristics:
● No third-party application starts automatically, only system applications can execute.
● The word "Safe Mode" appears in the lower left corner of the desktop.
● Under Safe Mode, users can uninstall problematic applications.
● Safe Mode does not corrupt any applications and personal data.
How to enter the Safe Mode?
Apply to: ASUS ZenFone, PadFone, FonePad, ZenPad
When the phone is Off:
1. Long press the power supply key to perform the boot.
2. When the Asus logo appears, hold down the volume button until you enter the system desktop.
3. A "Safe Mode" display at the lower left of the desktop indicates success.
When the phone is On:
1. Long press the power key.
2. Touch and hold down the shutdown option in the dialog box
3. The "restart into safe mode" window will then pop up. Click "OK" to restart into the safe mode.
4. A "Safe Mode" display at the lower left of the main screen indicates success.
Leave Safe Mode:
Reboot the phone to get out of the Safe Mode.
Note: if reboot is still unable to leave safe mode, make sure if the volume key has a card. If the battery is pluggable, please replug the battery. Different phones have different way to enter and leave the safe mode.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to choose a suitable phone power bank?|
|How to select a phone memory card?|
|How to maintain cell phone battery?|
|What is the difference between LCD screen and OLED screen?|
2019-08-26By Joe Horner
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
Prev article:This is the new posture for correct brushing!