How to add a wireless router to a local area network without affecting the entire network
By Fredi Hanlon 2020-01-04 368 54
1. Enter cmd, and enter: ipconfig/all, enter at the command prompt, and check the DHCP server address, as shown in the following figure:
2. Open the IE browser and enter the DHCP server address you just obtained in the address bar, such as 192.168.1.1, and enter the router settings page
3. Identify whether the router currently entering is the main router. Generally there are models of routers, especially in enterprises, the main router is generally relatively high-end, like the TP402 router screenshot here is basically a slave router. Analysis of the reasons for not being able to access the Internet: in a network, there can only be a unique IP address, and the access from the router causes the main route conflict to disconnect the network. The computers in the local area network have been wandering from the router, unable to send and receive data, so the network is interrupted. Next, we are going to move on to the critical step of setting up the router in order to make the whole network normal.
4. Unplug the network cable between the master router and the slave router
5. In the network parameters-- LAN setting-- LAN IP address, change the address of the third area of 192.168.1.1 to a number below 255 except 1.
6. Save, modify the LAN address after the route will restart, to this step is half finished, enter the just changed IP address, re-enter the router
7. Click "DHCP Server" on the left side of the router-- set to "do not enable"
(Of course, you can also use it, but you have to change the DHCP service gateway item to the LAN address of the main router. The most stable is to disable DHCP)
* Restart the router after modification *
At this point, the work is done.
Note: if it is a wireless router, first set the wireless parameters, such as: modify the SSID, to set the wireless password. Disable DHCP later.
Remember the LANIP address you set so that the next time you need to log in to the slave router, you can log in to the router by changing the IP address of the current computer to the network segment of the LANIP address you set. Easy to maintain in the future, such as changing SSID, wireless password and so on.
Summary: to install from the router, there are two points that must be set. 1. LANIP address. 2. DHCP server.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2020-03-16By Joe Horner
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2020-03-05By Joe Horner
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2020-03-03By Joe Horner