How to boot Windows 10 OS super-fast on a notebook
By GB Blog Official 2016-10-10 1573 1
First introduced with the release of Windows 8, Windows 10 OS takes Fast Start a step further and delivers significant improvements for even faster boot times.
Here’s the scoop:
Check Fast Startup in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to use Fast Startup on your Windows 10 laptop.
1. Click the Start button and select Settings.
2. Then select System > Power & sleep
3. Under “Related settings”, click “Additional power settings”, and select “Power Options” as shown.
Shortcut: You can also right-click Start button to find “Power Options” or type “Power Options” in the Search Bar.
4. Click “Choose what the power buttons do”. Next, click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” (requires admin access).
5. Finally, check the “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” option under Shutdown settings near the bottom of the screen. Click Save changes to apply the changes.
Certain optimization software disables both the fast startup and hibernation functions of Windows 10 by default.
Want to resolve this? Here’s how:
1. Type “CMD” or “Command Prompt (Admin)” into the Windows 10 search bar.
2. Input the DOS command: powercfg / hibernate on and press Enter. This will re-activate the hibernation feature on your notebook, which is an essential component of Fast Startup.
3. After a few seconds, the “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” option will be available in the Shutdown settings again.
Apply the changes above and enjoy a faster booting notebook! Stay tuned for even more handy guides to get the best performance from your favorite tech.
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2018-08-31By Steve Lowry
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
2018-09-05By Steve Lowry
2017-04-20By Zim Watson
2018-09-13By Steve Lowry