How to check the activation date and warranty status of your Xiaomi phone?
By Sophia Windsor 2019-08-16 78580 0
The smartphones’ activation date indicates the date that users boot the phone for the first time, so it can reflect the phone’s usage information. For example, if the activation date of a phone is very new, it should be a new phone.
The warranty status shows if the phone is under the warranty. Usually, the smartphone manufactures provide customers with one-year warranty.
One thing is confirmed that both activation date and warranty status of your smartphones can be check out online. Now, let’s show you the detailed tutorial.
How to check the activation date of your Xiaomi phone?
Step 1. Find your Xiaomi Phone’s IMEI or S/N number. There are 3 ways to find the IMEI number of your Xiaomi phones:
● Find the IMEI number on the code sticker which is usually on the back of your phone or package box.
● Dial *#06# on the dial pad to find the IMEI number of your phone.
● Go to Settings - About Phone - Status - IMEI Information.
For more details about finding the IMEI number of your Xiaomi smartphone, you can check this guide: How to find the IMEI number of Xiaomi smartphone.
Step 2. Copy or write down the IMEI number of your phone.
Step 3. Open Xiaomi’s official Product Authentication web.
Step 4. Choose “Verify your phone purchase” - Enter IMEI or S/N number - Enter verification code - click “Verify”.
Step 5. Then it will show you some basic specs about your smartphone including production date and activation date.
Note: Sometimes, it may not show you the activation date, so you can figure out the activation date using the warranty expiry date minus one year (as most smartphone manufactures provide customers with one-year warranty).
How to check the warranty status of Xiaomi phone?
There are three ways to check if your Xiaomi smartphone is under warranty.
1. Check the warranty status on your purchase bill. Usually, the purchase bill will show you the purchase date and warranty information.
2. If you cannot find the purchase bill, you can check the warranty information via Xiaomi Mall App by following steps below:
● Open “Xiaomi Mall” App on your phone.
● Enter “My Account”
● Choose “Service center”
● Enter “After-sales service” - enter your Xiaomi phones’ IMEI/SN number - Apply for the after sales service. If your phone is out of warranty, it will remind that the phone is out of warranty.
3. You can also check your phone’s warranty status through Xiaomi’s official Product Authentication web. The steps are the same as that of “How to check the Activation Date” mentioned above.
Does this guide help you? We still suggest that you should buy smartphones through official or official authorized channels, such as Xiaomi Mall, Xiaomi offline official flagship store, or Gearbest, so that you can easily ask for after service help when you have any questions.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2019-08-26By Joe Horner
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2019-06-13By Ingrid You
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
Next article:How to charge xiaomi mi air true wireless earphones