How to choose a router? Method of router purchase and configuration
By Drugi Lehne 2020-01-06 827 184
Common features of router
1. Wan WAN interface, generally there is only one port, mainly used for access to the superior network (WAN) the common access methods are PPPOE, fixed ip, DHCP, PPTP, L2TP. PPPOE is used to access the common broadband access in China.
2. Lan LAN interface, the port is generally 4, mainly used to connect multiple computers. Basically, unless complex networking is required, the default 192.168.1.x/24 approach is sufficient. You just need to explain DHCP.
3.DHCP are used to automatically assign local area network IP addresses to LAN access devices, and the current local area network address can be obtained automatically after it is turned on.
Another commonly used function is static DHCP,. When a device acquires a dynamic IP, we can set it to a static DHCP address, so that no matter when the connected device gets the same IP address, and when it is no longer online, the route will not reclaim this IP address and assign it to other access devices. In short, the local area network IP address is fixed to the connected computer. This item is mainly used for external network access and troubleshooting to facilitate the management of the network.
4.WIFI wireless network is mainly used to provide wireless access wireless access mode can be divided into:
AP: wireless access point, mobile phone tablet can be connected to the Internet. If you need to surf the Internet on your cell phone, use this. When setting up, pay attention to select the encryption mode and recommend wpa2+AES mode. The former is for security and the latter is for compatibility. Choosing TKIP, will often cause the network speed to slow down. In addition, when encrypting passwords, you can't use weak passwords, such as fixed-line or mobile phone numbers, regular names, song names, names, etc., try to be irregular and combine digital subtitle symbols with each other, so as not to be violently cracked by dictionaries.
Wireless client: at this time, the wireless route is transformed into a wireless network card, which can be used to connect to other routes that provide AP to surf the Internet. This is purely used as an emergency function.
Bridge (bridging) mode: used to connect a AP, and set the same channel, password, encryption method, often used to expand wireless coverage
The trunk mode (wds): is similar to the bridge, except that it is the same as the SSID of the parent AP.
To put it simply, when there is a large area that needs to cover the wireless signal, the relay mode can be chosen, but the effect is affected by the compatibility of routing, so it is recommended to choose the route with the same brand and firmware for networking, and with conditions to choose professional WDS equipment, as well as professional team networking. So when you choose to do blind area coverage, you will find that the actual effect is not good, because the antenna of mini routing is also compared with mini, which leads to its general effect of passing through the wall. often, when your phone can still connect to the computer route, this route can hardly enhance the effect of signal coverage.
Only when your mobile phone and other devices can not connect to the superior route, and the relay route signal is better than your mobile phone can connect, then can play a relay role. There are also children's shoes walking into the misunderstanding that I want to choose a "king through the wall" route. We should know that there are two cases of wireless routing: sending and receiving data. No matter how strong the king is, it can only be sent to the mobile phone, while the mobile phone is limited by power. It is very difficult to steadily send to the route, even if the routing power and antenna gain are unilaterally increased, it is also difficult to ensure the stability of the long-term operation of the network. In addition, cargo routing will be subject to regulatory restrictions, its transmission power can not be particularly large, at most the use of larger gain antennas, as well as better wireless chips.
5.ddns dynamic domain names are mainly used for remote access routing. First talk about what is a domain name, we all know that www.baidu.com is the domain name of Baidu, that is, when you visit this address, you can connect to Baidu's website server. But when the server connects to the network, it is a IP address, so the function of the domain name is to send the domain name to the DDNS server, and the server will return the IP address of the domain name after parsing.
For home users, the IP address obtained through PPPOE dial-up is changing every time. Setting up DDNS on the route automatically synchronizes the current IP address to the DDNS provider, so that you can connect to your routed IP address using the domain name provided by the DDNS provider. In this way, no matter how your IP address changes, you can access it through the domain name at any time. In this way, the ever-changing and hard-to-remember IP, can be done by connecting to the domain name. This function is needed when you are away from home and want to control the router at home.
6. Port forwarding is mainly used for remote access to the intranet computer
7. Set as above, this function is needed when you want to control the router at home when you are not at home. For example, the dynamic domain name you apply for is xxx.f3322.org, direct access is routing, the default port 80, if you access xxx.f3322.org:5050, you can access the No. 2 NAS server in the local area network.
In addition, there are DMZ and UPnP, DMZ, that is, all ports are forwarded to the set LAN IP, which is originally used to improve security for the firewall, but at home, many children's shoes are used to map directly to NAS or computers, which is very undesirable and vulnerable to network attacks, so it is recommended to turn off DMZ.
8. UPnP in short is plug and play, that is, automatic port identification and forwarding. You don't have to set it manually. When enabled, some cameras, printers and video players that support this function can be automatically identified. Even after Thunderbolt supports this feature, you can automatically identify and complete BT communications without opening port forwarding. Therefore, it is recommended to open UPnP.
Features that are not common in router
1.The above are common functions, basically, if you only need to surf the Internet, then it is basically enough to see here. If you don't think it's enough, welcome to
WOL Wake-up to wake up devices that support Wake-up. This feature is not so common, and the advantage is that when your computer and NAS are turned off, you can wake up the network on the route, so you can turn it on automatically. Of course, this function requires the support of the computer motherboard bios, which can be viewed in the bios of the computer. Nas is sure to support it, so you don't have to read it.
2. Which also shows the benefits of static DHCP. You can wake up the bound device by directly clicking the IP address bound by the static DHCP, and the custom host name is supported for easy memory, simplicity and clarity. If there is no static DHCP, you can only wake up through the mac physical address of the network card. You can see how important static DHCP is. When the number of phones used at home is not very large, it is recommended to bind static DHCP to all devices. It is also very easy for computers to start wol, and generally support this function is turned on by default. As shown in the figure, just turn on options such as WAKE ON LAN. In this way, whether it is the local area network or the external network (using the above DNNS login route), you can wake up the devices at home at any time.
3. NWAN multi-wan access determines the key functions of buying routing. At this point, let me talk about the superimposed bandwidth of multi-WAN routers.
When you have multiple network connections, such as one telecom and one mobile, how do you stack the two networks together to increase network bandwidth? Or, how to configure routing when you want to use the broadband provided by telecom when you want to use an intranet? When your network online rate is very high, how to use 3G network as the network line?
4. when set up, you can use its default routing table, mobile select mobile routing table, telecom choose default or telecom routing table. Weight means bandwidth ratio. For example, if a 10m and 20m broadband are superimposed, the weight is set to 1 and 2, respectively. This is mainly for load balancing.
5. Load balancing is a core strategy of bandwidth overlay, that is, how to allocate the broadband load rate when surfing the Internet. For example, after the weight of the above column is set, the two bandwidths will get 33% and 66% of the number of broadband connections respectively. In this way, the effect of overlaying bandwidth can be achieved to the maximum extent. The superposition effect of different firmware is mainly controlled by load balancing. It is important to choose an intelligent and excellent load balancing when choosing nWAN routing. Let's take a look at how to set
6. For intranet, it is generally divided into DHCP to obtain intranet route or static intranet IP address. It's all very simple. The key is to set up a custom routing table. Since my intranet is 10.x.x.x, what I set here is the subnet mask after 10.0.0.0Maple 8. The same common ones are: 192.168.0.0plus 16, and how to judge whether the multicast overlay bandwidth can be determined in the case of a broadband line multicast overlay bandwidth:
First of all, the first-line multi-dial not only requires router support, but also broadband support. for light cat users, first prepare two computers, which are respectively connected to the light cat or the ADSL cat. If the cat has only one network port, the cat connects to the switch and then to the computer. The same reason that the network cable is connected. Two computers carry out dialing tests at the same time, if only one can be dialed and the other cannot be dialed, which means that the operator has bound MAC, online and limited the number of dialing users, and it is rarely possible to dial concurrently with the mac script.
If both computers can be dialed up, test the bandwidth with Thunderbolt downloading movies on both computers at the same time, for example, the bandwidth is 10m, and if the sum of the download speeds of the two computers is about 1MB/S, then it means that the broadband can be dialed more but not superimposed, so there is no need to dial more; if the downloads of both computers reach 1MB/S or so, it means that you can successfully dial more overlay bandwidth. Of course, this is only a simple test method, involving dialing with mac and different mac, as well as the situation of concurrent connection dialing is more complicated. If you are interested, you can consult du Niang.
7. QOS network speed limit. This is mainly to solve the stutter caused by multiple people surfing the Internet. The main culprit that causes many people to use network stutter is that the upload bandwidth is full, and the second is that the number of routing concurrent connections is very low, that is, the forwarding performance is low, which can be roughly understood as the number of machines.
The former can be solved by QOS, but QOS is a very complex setup process, and it is difficult to set it perfectly without some experience. Therefore, I do not recommend turning on QOS, but developing good habits in the use of the network, such as not using P2P software as far as possible, and setting the speed limit for all P2P software when using P2P software, so as to ensure that the Internet will not slow down because of QOS when there are few people. As long as the upload bandwidth is not full, even if the download bandwidth is full, stutters will not occur.
The latter is roughly the truth of a penny, a hundred megabytes is not as good as a gigabyte, and the cheap one is not as expensive as the expensive one. It is as if you use a 100 yuan dregs route to an enterprise to use hundreds of thousands of devices, even if the firmware is again, the hardware can not drag is the same reason. The QOS of dwtt is relatively powerful and has many functions, but it is not set up quickly in practice. Because at present I have 100m bandwidth and 2m upload, basically the upload bandwidth is rarely occupied.
8. This is the simplest and can be used to limit a IP for a short time.
9. This is a smart QOS, basically does not need too many settings, can give priority to games and packages first. This is the third major feature of QOS, is the download penalty function, for those who like to download IP to lower its network priority.
How to choose the hardware and firmware level of the router
1. In hardware, the current routing is mainly distinguished by 100-megabit, gigabit lan port forwarding rate, and wireless rate. Gigabit is mainly used to improve the transmission rate of the local area network, and the speed of 100MB/S is ten times that of 10MB/S. It is very cool to watch high-definition movies on the local area network and copy each other. This is an on-demand choice.
2. Wireless has also said before, the coverage is treated rationally, because the power is certain, the signal quality depends on the chip type, antenna gain, antenna design, welding workmanship, which is basically a penny. In addition, stability, such as domestic I think lower than the TP-LINK level should not be considered, poor quality, poor firmware security, wireless stability is also poor. And even if the TP, is used for a long time, there will often be problems. The 841 in my hand has been used for almost 3 years, because it only uses wireless, because the wireless chip is a chip separate from the CPU, and it will increase the heat when it is used for a long time with high intensity. By now, the wireless connection has been frequently interrupted and needs to be restarted. Therefore, using wireless to set up the network, the heat dissipation requirement of the route is extremely high, and the greater heat will lead to the premature senility of the route
3. Wireless AC, this is a new wireless protocol, which can achieve high-speed transmission based on 5G frequency. For example, at present, Asustek AC68 is about 60MB AC68 in unilateral wireless, and bilateral wireless is about 20MB/S, and this speed is still increasing, such as the R8000 of current 2.4G+5G+5G. To a certain extent, the standard of 100 megabytes can be reached and exceeded under the guarantee of signal strength. But now there are too many unscrupulous merchants who like to mislead others into thinking that the routing speed is faster when they advertise that there is a AC. In practical use, there is little difference between the feeling and 2.4G, only when watching LAN high-definition movies, the buffer time can be shortened. Also choose on demand.
Common routing firmware
1. Soft routing firmware: wayos, sea spider, ros,ikuai8. It is recommended that ikuai8, is relatively stable and easy to use, and rookies can set it casually.
2. Third-party firmware: DD-WRT bridge relay function is powerful, TOMATO up to 4WAN, OPEN-WRT can NWAN. Stability DD=TT>OP function OP>=TT>DD
1. If there is a need for nwan, personal recommendation ikuai8 and TT, additional TT recommendation dualwan tomato. A new WR-525W has been launched. Another addition to the official router firmware is that you can specify one or more wan and lan ports for multicasting when you 4WAN. You don't need to occupy LAN1-3 ports like N16, and you need to connect an extra switch when multicasting. However, the disadvantage of WR525 is 100-megabit routing. When forwarded to the limit before 100-megabit broadband, it is easy to fail to enter the routing settings page, but access to the Internet is still not stuck.
2. If you can't use nwan, then buy a gigabit AC route that supports DD. If you only want to be cheap and stable, it is also excellent to buy a TP-LINK router.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
2016-11-03By GB Blog Official
Next article:What is the performance of AMD bulldozer?