How to connect Sonoff eWeLink to IFTTT and add applet?
By Adan Flannigan 2019-08-15 3074 0
I've tried to build a general scheme, in the example IFTTT Sonoff, to make it clear how all interactions take place through services in the cloud that cooperate with each other:
This highlights some important aspects:
● the presence of good internet connectivity is essential for the proper functioning of the system
● the response time and availability of the overall system depends on those of the individual services in the cloud
in terms of security, the management of our home automation system is also carried out outside our home
IFTTT Sonoff eWeLink Smart Home: installation and configuration
The preliminary operations to be carried out are as follows:
● Download and install the eWeLink app on your smartphone
● eWeLink profile creation
● association of your Sonoff devices with eWeLink
The installation and initial configuration procedure for Sonoff IFTTT is as follows:
● Download the IFTTT app, available for both Android and iOS, to your smartphone.
● register for the IFTTT service by creating your login credentials
● within the IFTTT app, connect the eWeLink Smart Home service (using your eWeLink login credentials)
The most interesting opportunity is to create a new Sonoff IFTTT applet that meets our needs and in particular that can overcome some of the limitations of the Sonoff eWeLink app alone.
How to create a new applet on eWeLink Smart Home?
● Go to My applets, create a new applet to set the activation and response between the heater and the email application. Set the "IF THIS" condition as shown below.
● In the list of new IFTTT applets, go to "Search Services" and type "eWeLink". Find the "eWwLink Smart Home" service. Select the trigger from "1 channel switch on or off", choose the device name and the trigger condition.
● Set the "Then that" response to receive an email notification when TH10 (or Heater) is activated.
● All of the above setup is complete, an email notification will be received when the heater is turned on
Limitations in Sonoff eWeLink
In my personal experience, the main constraints of Sonoff eWeLink are as follows:
● it is not possible to interact natively with intelligent devices that are not compatible with Sonoff eWeLink
● it is not possible to interact with services outside the ecosystem Sonoff eWeLink
● it is possible to create Sonoff eWeLink scenes exclusively between different devices for event and action (for example we cannot create a scene that involves two different channels of the same device)
We also have listed the IFTTT supported and unsupported Sonoff devices:
Sonoff S26, Sonoff T1 US, Sonoff S31, Sonoff T1 UK, Sonoff T1 EU, Sonoff S30, Sonoff 4CH, Sonoff 4CH Pro, Sonoff Dual, Sonoff LED, Sonoff Basic, Sonoff RF, Sonoff SV, Sonoff Slampher, Sonoff Touch EU/US, S20 Smart Socket, S22, Sonoff Pow, Sonoff TH10/TH16 and Sonoff Hum, BN-SZ01, Sonoff G1, 1 Channel Inching /Self-Locking WiFi Switch.
Sonoff iFan02, RF Bridge 433, iFan, Sonoff SC, Sonoff B1.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2020-03-11By Joe Horner
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2020-03-06By Joe Horner
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
2020-03-04By Joe Horner