How to connect the Sricam SP012 IP camera to phone
By Zim Watson 2017-04-24 40386 4
That's easy to get mad when trying so many times to connect the Sricam SP012 IP camera to the phone but fails. We can totally understand your emotion, because we also met the problem as well. But finally we made it and knew how to correctly do the connection and the notes you need to pay attention during the process. Once you get it, the connection will be easily done.
Step 1. Download Sricam app
Scan the QR code on the user manual to download the Sricam app and install it on your phone. Alternatively, You can search the Sricam app on Google Play store or Apple store as well.
Step 2. Register Sricam app ID
Open the app on your phone and register an account with your email address and set the password. Tap Register to complete it. Then a linked ID will pop up.
Step 3. Sign in the app
Simply click Confirm to access the account. Once you log out, you can use either the email address or ID to enter the account.
Step 4. Launch the Sricam SP012 IP camera
Plug the camera into a power socket via the original USB cable and charger and power it on, a green light (locates on the back side of the cam) will light up and the head of the camera will rotate. Wait until the head rotates to the front side.
Step 5. Reset the camera
Use the pin (involved in the product box) to insert the reset hole for about 10 seconds until you hear a cashier sound. Then wait for another 15 seconds until the continuous "di di di" peeping sound announces.
Step 6. Add the camera to the app
Turn back to the app.
● Tap Add new device.
● Name your Sricam camera and tap the QR code icon nearby the Put Device ID.
● Pick up camera and scan the QR code on its back. Then device ID will be automatically filled in the blank. Alternatively, you can input the ID manually, the ID number is listed at the camera's bottom.
● Input the device password and click Next. The default code is 888888. After you enter the account, you can modify it personally.
Step 7. Connect the camera to the app via WiFi
Click Next on the following interface and choose Smart WiFi Setting afterward.
Step 8. Input password and wait until the connection finishes
In the WiFi setting, your connected WiFi name will show in the blank, what you need to do is just input the WiFi password and tap Next. Then wait for a while allowing your camera to finish the process.
Step 9. Modify the camera's password
Once the connection is done, the app will notice you to modify the device's password. You can skip this step or tap Modify Password to change the code. I suggest you set a new admin password for security consideration. (The default old admin password is 888888.)
Step 10. Start to use the camera
Now your new added device is shown on the app screen, tap it to get in, the camera will be launched to work.
To be honest, I tried it several times as well. It does contain some problems during the connection process. Here are some notes I made.
● Do remember to reset the camera before the connection.
● Start to connect the camera to app after you hear the continuous "di di di" peeping sound.
● It doesn't matter the indicator is green or red during the connection process. After the connection, red means offline, green means online, and yellow means connection timeout.
● The default old admin password is 888888, but it may not work. If you have this problem, please contact the after-service, they will feed back to the manufacturer to solve your issue as soon as possible.
● The camera only supports the standard WiFi connection and wired connection, 5G network is not approved.
● Make sure your WiFi internet does work and is not shared by too many people, otherwise even you successfully connected both devices, you cannot use the camera as well, and the indicator is yellow.
● If you keep connecting the camera with your phone, the battery will consume very fast and the phone will become heated. So we suggest you connect the camera when necessary.
Is this connection guide useful for you? If you've purchased the camera from our Gearbest and still have other questions about this Sricam SP012 720P IP camera, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Sricam SP012 IP camera firmware pack|
|Troubleshoot Sricam SP012 IP camera issues|
|Sricam SP012 IP camera user manual in English|
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2019-07-22By Joe Horner
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2019-07-30By Joe Horner
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
Next article:Troubleshoot H9 Ultra HD 4K action camera issues