How to create your own MIUI themes for MIUI devices
If you have not yet used a Xiaomi phone, you may not know what an MIUI theme actually is. MIUI is a user interface used by all Xiaomi smartphones and, with a large fleet of Xiaomi devices, the interface is becoming increasingly popular.
Most Xiaomi smartphones come with a complete version of MIUI pre-installed, which also includes several apps and features that are not available on the market. MIUI is also supported by over 340 other smartphone brands and can be installed for use on a Samsung, Sony, HTC, OnePlus, Nexus and other phones. In 2016, Xiaomi reported that MIUI ROM boasted over 170 million users across the globe.
One of the primary benefits of having the MIUI on your phone is a variety of customization options. Any user can simply open up the Theme Manager and browse through all the UI themes available for download. Previously, users could only choose among the themes that have been created by developers. Today, things are different — you can create your own MIUI theme or make significant edits to the existing system. In this post, we take a quick look at how to edit and create your own MIUI themes.
How to edit MIUI theme with MIUI Theme Editor App?
The easiest way to edit an MIUI theme is by using a third-party app. One of the most popular apps used to edit the interface is the MIUI Theme Editor. The app is freely available on Google Play and is a good option for those who want to have more customization options for their Xiaomi smartphone.
The app's interface is quite straightforward and you will be guided through the steps of customizing a theme.
The app lets you change quite a lot of things about the chosen theme. You will be able to:
● Switch between built-in fonts.
● Edit app icons: select icon masks, dynamic icons, import icons from a selected icon pack, select icons from an installed icon pack or even choose icons for each app manually.
● Edit bar icons.
● Edit home screen wallpaper.
● Edit notifications panel.
● Edit incoming calls background.
● And more.
However, if you want to start from scratch and design your very own MIUI theme and not only use it yourself, but also be able to sell it or offer for free to others, you will need to become a Xiaomi designer. As formidable as this sounds, the process itself is not that complicated: you are required to go through a few registration steps before starting your design work.
Here's how to design your own MIUI theme:
● Go to http://designer.xiaomi.com/
● You will the need to go through a brief registration procedure: name, surname, email address, country of origin, etc.
● Then, once all the information has been submitted, you will need to wait for your account to be confirmed.
● After your account has been confirmed, you are ready to start designing your very own MIUI theme.
MIUI designer theme editor will let you create and design a lock screen display, add default wallpapers, add and customize MIUI icons with your own, change the SMS, dialer and contacts modules, customize the toggle page and more.
● Next, follow the instructions that appear on the screen, which are quite straightforward.
● After you click on the Edit icon, you will be able to start designing your theme, starting from the Lock Screen.
● Then, you will move on to uploading icons.
● The next step will be changing the toggle color or uploading a custom toggle background.
● Move on to changing headers and colors of small icons.
● With all the changes made, you can now upload your MIUI theme or save it for future use.
There you go, now you can try editing your existing MIUI theme or creating your very own.
MIUI Theme Designer makes creating your own MIUI theme relatively easy — however, if what you are aiming for is a truly original product, a basic knowledge of design and Adobe Photoshop.
1 / 0
6 days ago By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-05 By Adeline Belluz
2018-01-15 By Adeline Belluz
Prev article: 5 steps to 3D print a Christmas ornament by yourself
You might also like:
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson
2017-02-17 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson