How to debug 3D printer’s heating platform
By Steve Lowry 2018-05-15 17680 0
Why the platform leveling is so important to 3D printer?
● If the spacing between heating platform and Nozzle is too far, the condition of the non-adhesive bottom platform can easily occur during the printing process.
● If the distance of heating platform and the nozzle is too close, heating platform will directly affect the nozzle silking, which may also lead to the heating platform is scratched.
● Leveling platform before printing helps to ensure the print object adheres to the heating platform.
How to level the heating platform of 3D printer?
If your 3D printer doesn't support auto leveling, you need to debug the heating platform manually:
1. The height of the heating platform can be adjusted by the screws under the heating platform.
2. Tighten the screws, increase the distance between the heating platform and the nozzle head.
3. Loosen the screw and the heating platform will be close to the nozzle.
4. Please control the distance between the nozzle and the heating platform in the thickness of a sheet of A4 paper.
Specific operation method
1. Auto homing
The user can directly enter the operation in the LCD display page and select "Move Axis", then select "Auto homing".
2. Adjusting the distance between platform and nozzle
After homing is complete, you can directly disconnect the power supply and USB cable, manually move the nozzle to change the nozzle position on the platform, and you also can change the position by changing the XY displacement of the extruder through the screen or software. Observe the three corners of the nozzle and the platform and adjust the distance.
After the machine completes automatic homing, you can further adjust the height of the heating platform by heating three screws under the heating platform. When you adjust each screw, make sure that the distance between the heating platform and the nozzle is the distance that a piece of A4 paper can travel. You can feel that the nozzle has a little rubbing against the A4 paper, but the A4 paper still can pass without scratching.
The comparison chart of the distance between nozzle and bottom platform:
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased 3D Printer from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Cura 3D slicing software installation and operation|
|How to stop 3D prints from warping|
|Build new worlds: all you need to know about 3D printing|
|Pick the right 3D printer filament|
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2019-06-13By Ingrid You
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
Next article:How to stop 3D prints from warping