How to dispose of lithium batteries？
By Zachary Reginato 2019-06-20 3583 0
What is a lithium battery?
"Lithium battery" is a kind of battery which is made of lithium metal or lithium alloy as negative electrode material and uses non-aqueous electrolyte solution. Lithium metal battery was first proposed and studied by Gilbert N. Lewis in 1912. In the 1970s, M. S. Whittingham proposed and began to study lithium-ion batteries. Because the chemical properties of lithium metals are very active, the processing, preservation and use of lithium metals require very high environmental requirements. With the development of science and technology, lithium battery has become the mainstream.
Types of lithium batteries
Lithium batteries can be divided into two categories: lithium metal batteries and lithium ion batteries. Lithium-ion batteries do not contain metallic lithium and are rechargeable. Lithium metal battery, the fifth generation of rechargeable battery, was born in 1996. Its safety, specific capacity, self-discharge rate and performance-price ratio are better than those of lithium-ion battery. Because of its own high-tech requirements, only a few companies in a few countries are now producing the lithium-metal battery.
There are many kinds of common lithium batteries, such as lithium iron phosphate battery, lithium cobalt acid battery, lithium manganate battery, mobile phone lithium battery, 18650 lithium battery, electric vehicle lithium battery and so on.
Harm of waste lithium battery
Lithium battery in the normal use process is not harmful to the human body and the environment, but if the scrapped lithium battery is not handled properly, it will cause harm to the environment, and then through the environment to the surrounding organisms and human body.
This is mainly because lithium ion batteries contain lithium hexafluorophosphate, polypropylene glycol (alcohol), mercury and other chemicals will cause organic pollution to the environment. In addition, it contains cobalt and other heavy metal elements, will also cause harm to the environment, and even affect human health.
How to deal with the waste lithium battery correctly?
usually some large toys or large electrical appliances in the battery can not supply power, in fact, There will still be some electricity can be used in the remote control and other small appliances, continue to reuse.
2.Making works of art:
At present, more and more institutions and schools or communities pay more and more attention to environmental education, they will add some environmental protection courses, use waste to make handicrafts, we can donate the used batteries to make exquisite handicrafts.
cobalt, lithium, copper and plastics in waste lithium batteries are valuable resources and have high recovery value. Therefore, the scientific and effective treatment of waste lithium battery has not only significant environmental benefits, but also good economic benefits.
What should I do before dealing with waste batteries
1. Avoid contact with children and pets, because children and pets like to bite, if bitten can be harmful to health.
2. Store in a ventilated, dry place, and if your batteries are corroded or overheated, they may leak or break. It is also important to avoid putting batteries near flammable materials, which can cause fires.
3. Tape the terminals of your batteries, because a lot of times you think the battery has been used up, but in fact, it may not have been used up, if you accidentally turn on the circuit, it will pose a safety hazard.
4. Do not store different types of batteries together, mixes different chemical components can lead to leakage and dangerous chemical reactions. If you have multiple types of batteries to deal with, pack them separately.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 4 and Mi Max 4 Pro: 48 Mp camera and other rumors|
|Poco Launcher 2.0 beta download and new features|
|Xiaomi Amazfit Verge 2 will have the best features of Apple Watch|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2019-08-26By Joe Horner
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2019-08-21By Sigismondo Eisenhower