How to fix common problems with Lenovo ZUK Z2 smartphone
By GB Blog Official 2017-04-14 15622 7
A quick introduction first. Lenovo ZUK Z2 is a mid-range budget smartphone available for a flash sale price of just $189.99 and featuring some pretty good specs: Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820, expansive 5 inch FHD screen and long-lasting 3500mAh battery.
In this post, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions users have for their ZUK Z2 phones. Let's get started!
First, download the Google Play Store from the App Center. Then, you can go ahead and install the apps you want.
If you already have the Play Store App but still can not install any new apps, the problem may stem from a bug in the Play Store app itself, be a result of an unsuccessful update or more. Try the following:
● Clear cache data for 4 Google programs: Go to Settings － Advanced Settings － Applications － Google Account Manager/Google Play Services/Google Play Store/Google Services Framework Services － Clear cache - choose OK.
● Restart your device and clear data for the Google Play Store.
● Delete your Google account: Settings － Advanced Settings － Under "Accounts & Sync", tap Google and then remove the account － Tap the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen - Tap Remove account.
● Re-add Google Account: Open your device's Settings － Advanced Settings － Under "Accounts & Sync", touch Add account － Google. Follow the instructions to add your account.
● The last resort is to re-install Google Play Store from the App Center and try to download your apps again.
● The battery may be completely out of juice. Charge the phone using the original charger for at least 30 minutes. Then, long press the power button to boot the device.
● If the handset can enter the logo interface, the system may be updated. So please be patient and wait for a while.
● If the phone is stuck on the boot screen (nothing happens after the logo appears on the screen), there may be a problem with the phone's drive. Try flash the system firmware.
● If the problem still persists, consult a local phone repair shop.
● Attention: do not press the Volume Button and Power Button at the same time, the phone will go into Recovery Mode.
● This is normal after an upgrade. Your phone will remain on the logo screen for about one hour until the update is successful. The upgrade is irreversible: you will not be able to use your phone in the process.
● Make sure to perform all system updates with a stable Internet connection and a fully charged battery.
● If the update has failed, press and hold the Power Button and Volume Button together to restore the phone to factory settings. WARNING: A factory reset will erase all your data and restore settings to default.
ZUK Z2 supports dual nano SIM cards. Check if you are using a standard nano card (not mini or micro). If you are using a standard nano card, try the following:
● The SIM card's chip may have poor contact with the connectors. Power off the phone and remove the SIM card. Clean the SIM card carefully with a soft cloth and reinsert it into the phone.
● ZUK Z2 is designed to support two SIM cards, dual standby. Check if your cards have been activated. To do this, got to Settings － Cellular Networks － SIM Card Manager － SIM Card 1 (UIM1) / SIM Card 2.
● The card reader module may have failed. Please backup any important data and restore the phone to its default factory settings from Settings － Advance Settings － tap Factory Data Reset － enter your PIN, pattern or password (If you have a screen lock) － select Backup my data and Automatic Restore option － choose the Factory Data Reset option. When your device has fully finished the reset process, reboot your device.
● If the problem still persists, the most likely cause is that the card slot is damaged or loose - please contact the aftersales service to determine if the device needs to be returned for repair.
● Carefully wipe the camera with a clean soft cloth and remove any obstructions and dirt from the lens.
● The camera app may be faulty - try downloading another camera app.
● Try to reset the camera to default in Settings － Advanced Settings － Applications - Camera － Clear Data and Clear Cache － Reset to Defaults.
● In the unlikely event that all of the above methods fail to resolve the problem, the problem may be with the camera itself. Please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
For Gearbest users who require aftersales assistance for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 or any of our other products, please contact our dedicated Support Center. Just complete the ticket details and send it to us, we will deal with your support issue as soon as possible. We're always here to help.
● Over 110,000 products
● 18 different categories
● 11 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2019-07-24By Joe Horner
2017-05-12By Linky Johnson
2019-07-30By Joe Horner
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
2019-08-14By Joe Horner