How to fix Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X 4G phablet battery issues
If your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Phablet won't charge properly, the battery power drains very fast, or you have other battery related problems, please refer to the following fixing guide - and find solutions and helpful tips.
● Please check if the USB charging port on your smartphone is working properly. Check if there is any lint, dust or other foreign matters inside the USB port. If so, clean the port (you can use a hair dryer on a cold setting to blow away dust and other debris) and check if charging has returned to normal.
● There may be something wrong with your charging cable or adapter. Try switching to another available charging cable or adapter to see if it works properly with your phone. If it does, your charging cable or adapter must be faulty and we recommend you buy a new original Xiaomi charging cable or power adapter.
● Try charging your smartphone via a wall socket instead of the PC or laptop, since the USB port of PC or laptop don't deliver much power.
● You can also try restoring your smartphone to factory default: go to Settings - Additional settings - Backup & reset - select the option "Back up my data" and tap on "Factory data reset" - choose "Reset phone" - Next.
Note: Please back up all the important data to your computer before resetting, such as photos, songs, notes and other personal data, as the factory data reset will erase all data on your phone.
● The Battery Stats feature of your phone's operating system may be corrupted, so please try calibrating your phone's battery through the following steps:
a. Completely run out of your phone's battery until it turns itself off.
b. Turn on your phone again and let it power off itself.
c. Then charge your phone in the power off state until it displays 100% on the screen.
d. Unplug your phone and restart it. If the battery indicator doesn't say 100%, charge your phone again until it displays 100% on the screen.
e. Then, let your phone's battery drain completely (0% power) and turn itself off again.
f. Repeat the cycle and let your phone's battery fully charge one more time without interruption. This way you have reset your phone's battery stats.
Note: don't do this frequently, since it will affect the battery's lifespan.
● If all the solutions above don't help, your phone's battery may have been damaged. Please take it to a repair store or contact our after-sales service to ask for professional help.
You may encounter such a case: your phone's battery power drains very fast even if it's not in use. This may be caused by the following:
● Check if there are many apps running in the background at the same time, such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, portable hotspot and so on. If so, please close them when they are not in use, since these running apps will consume lots of power.
● Your phone's display brightness will also have an influence on your phone's power consumption, so it's better to reduce your phone's brightness manually or set the screen brightness to the auto-brightness mode.
● Your phone's battery may have not been activated. You can try draining your phone of power completely until it powers off.
Then, charge it fully. Repeat the cycles 3 to 4 times to see if the battery goes back to normal.
● If none of the above works, take your phone to a repair store or contact with after-sales service to ask for professional help.
You may be confused by the discrepancy in the battery capacity of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X stated on the website — 4100mAh, and the battery testing software results claiming the capacity to be 4000mAh.
● The battery capacity tested by the battery software is just for reference and errors and discrepancies do occur.
● Restore your smartphone to factory default: go to Settings - Additional settings - Backup & reset - select the option "Back up my data" and click the item "Factory data reset" - click the item "Reset phone" - Next.
Note: Please back up all the important items to your computer before resetting, such as photos, songs, notes and other personal data, as the factory data reset will erase all data on your phone.
After the reset is complete, fully charge your smartphone with the original adapter and charging cable to see if it displays right battery capacity. During the process, it's recommended to not download any third-party software as it may affect the results.
Has this battery related fixing guide about Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X 4G Phablet helped you? If you have other battery problems with your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X smartphone not mentioned in this post, please don't hesitate to submit your questions at our Support Center. Our after-sales service staff will deal with your query in the most efficient manner possible.
1 / 0
2018-01-15 By Adeline Belluz
2017-12-25 By Adeline Belluz
2017-12-22 By Adeline Belluz
Prev article: Solutions to Ulefone Metal 4G smartphone camera issues
You might also like:
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official