How to install the Mi Home app to your Roborock S6
By Evelyn Garcia 2019-05-15 17893 0
- After removing the packaging, we will assemble the base. The base of the Roborock S6 consists of the cable, the base itself and a moisture-proof "carpet" that will not damage the floor if you have the scrubber attachment embedded. Place the base half a metre from each wall and 1.5 metres from the opposite wall, otherwise the Roborock S6 could have problems getting out.
- Download the My Home app on your smartphone. This app is common for Xiaomi ecosystem products, so you might already have it installed (as was my case). From the Mi Home app you can control Xiaomi domotic gadgets like the Xiaomi Mi Smart Bulb bulb, distributing them by rooms and creating routines. Don't forget, if you install it from scratch, you only have to download it, either for iOS or for Android.
3) Then create an account. To do this you will need to provide the country you are in, an email, a phone number and a password. Once you have confirmed the process, you will be able to log in.
- Open the cover of the Roborock S6 and make sure there is a bright blue light on and flashing, which means it is waiting for the connection. If this is not the case, we will have to reset the connection by pressing the buttons on the little house and the square. When the process is finished, the blue light will no longer flash.
5) Within the Mi Home application, we must grant the relevant permissions. In the "Xiaomi Home" tab, under "My devices", click on "Add device". As you can see, in spite of having specified that we were in Spain, sometimes we will find messages in English or even in Chinese.
6) Within the wide range of Xiaomi products, in "Home appliances" > "Robot vacuum" we will find the Roborock S6, we select it.
7) It's time to connect the Roborock S6 to your home Wi-Fi. Be careful, because the Roborock S6 is only compatible with the 2.4GHz band.
8) In the app, search our Wi-Fi network and enter the password. We'll see a message asking for permission to add the robot, we accept and go to the mobile.
9) From "Settings", we switch to the Wi-Fi network called "roborock-vacuum_xxx", where the X are digits. We return to the My Home app. There we will see a percentage that goes from 0 to 100%, is the state of the connection
10) At the end of the process, a message will appear in the app informing us and the Roborock S6 will speak to us in English to confirm the connection. Within the app itself we can change the language.
As for its compatibility with voice assistants in Spain, the Roborock S6 is compatible with Amazon Alexa and in the near future it will also be compatible with Google Assistant, which would allow, among other functions, to launch the robot to cleaning tasks using voice commands.
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
2017-11-24By Adeline Belluz
Next article:How to change WiFi password on PC or phone?