How to replace Logitech G500 mouse fretting replacement?
By Fredi Hanlon 2019-12-28 3006 67
Double-click is an unavoidable failure of all game mice (non-game mice rarely have double-click problems because of the high signal delay). During the warranty period, we can enjoy free repair / replacement services provided by manufacturers. However, after the warranty period, most manufacturers do not provide paid maintenance services, even if the price of paid services can exceed the psychological expectations of most players (asked a brand before, Replace a fretting piece for 50 yuan after being insured.
- In order to avoid the problem of mouse foot pad warping, it is necessary to use a hair dryer to heat the foot pad during disassembly, and when the surface of the mouse pad is hot, use a small card to lift the mouse pad at a low angle as far as possible.
thewhole process as far as possible to maintain the smoothness of the pad, to avoid excessive deformation caused by the maintenance of the warped deformation can not stick tothe problem.
- After uncovering the mat before and after the mouse, you can see that there
area total of four screws hidden under the three mats, which can be unloaded using a cross screw. What you need to pay attention to is that under the cross opening on the bottom of the mouse label, there is also a hidden screw. Be sure to remember to remove this screw to open the mouse.
- Remove the fixed screws at the bottom of the mouse, you can open the Logitech G500 game mouse, most high-end games between the mouse cover and the motherboard, there are wires or wires for connection, so you must be careful when removing the cover so as not to break the cable.
- Unexpectedly, in front of the Logitech G500 mouse side button circuit board and the motherboard, there is not only a soft cable, but also a linear color flying wire, both ends of which are directly welded to the side key circuit board and the motherboard. After looking through a material carefully, I found that there was indeed a red flying line in the first batch of G500 game mice, which was cancelled only in
the laterversion. It should be that there were defects in the initial internal circuit board design and had to make up for it through flying lines. Otherwise, Logitech's stringent requirements on products will never be designed inthe mouse with such a long flying line. To remove the mouse, first start from the place where it is easy to disassemble, first fold down the three fixed screws on the red counterweight bin, and then you can remove the counterweight bin fixing frame.
- Taking into account the difficulty of installation, we choose to disconnect the soft cable from one end of the side key circuit board, the method of disconnecting the flexible cable is very simple, use a slightly sharp tool, directly pick the white fixed part of the cable fixed card buckle. In fact, the disassembly of the flying line is not too troublesome, the electric soldering iron is heated to 350 ℃, and the solder can be melted and the flying line can be removed with one click.
- Peripheral enthusiasts often praise the mouse with
complicated and exquisite workmanship. Although such a mouse looks pleasing to the eye, it is definitely a nightmare in maintenance and disassembly. You have to be careful when every part is removed. If you don't pay attention, you can lose small parts.
- First use the tool or nail to tick out the horizontal bolt behind the mouse wheel, and then you can remove the wheel from the mouse. Then use the small cross screwdriver to remove the metal holder in front of the roller, and remember to collect the two tiny metal springs under the roller before removing it so as not to lose it. Be sure to pay attention to the metal fixed frame below, there is an acrylic fixed block between the upper and lower circuit boards, first remember his installation method, so as not to mess up the installation.
- Logitech G500 game
mouse motherboardis fixed onthe chassis with four screws, two are designed onthe lower mouse circuit board, and the other two are hidden inside the bracket behind the mouse wheel. This link needs to pay attention to two things, one is the lower circuit board fixed screw size is small, the need to replace the small cone to avoid spoiling screws. Second, Logitech G500 game mouse circuit board and chassis assembly gap is very small, take out the circuit board as far as possible to evenlyforce the entire motherboard, in order to avoid the motherboard tilt stuck.
- The reason why the mouse fretting replacement in Logitech G500 games is a headache is mainly due to the fact that the double-layer circuit board it uses is not a removable design. The upper and lower circuit boards are directly welded by pin connection, and the fretting switch pins are covered by the lower circuit board. If the fretting is replaced directly without disassembling the lower circuit board, the operation is relatively difficult, and it is prone to virtual welding, short circuit and other problems. Removing the pin requires the use of a hot air gun, most players do not have this relatively professional tool, can you just use the electric iron to disassemble the upper and lower two layers of circuit boards?
- Yes! After a large amount of solder is melted and piled on the connection pins, the 12 pins can be heated at the same time. After all the solder is melted and covered with 12 pins, the upper circuit board can be removed by pulling down the upper circuit board with pliers or directly by hand. When unplugging the circuit board, pay attention to keep the circuit board as horizontal as possible to prevent solder from flowing to other solder joints or dripping onto your hands.
Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages, the consequence of tin disassembly is that there will be a lot of excess solder left on the pad, and directly plug the solder hole, so it must be cleaned with a tin absorber. Use the smallest soldering iron tip to heat the pads one by one. Due to the relatively large diameter of the pin
After cleaning the remaining tin on the pin pad, you can start to change the fretting. Unexpectedly, the Logitech G500 does not use the small diameter through-hole pad that is common on
Logitech G500 game mouse standard Omron D2FC-F-7N (10m) white point fretting although feel good, but the durability, performance is really not satisfactory, for fresh and price considerations, netizens bought the electrical life of 20 million Kaihua brown spot fretting to replace.
Fretting installation is actually very simple, as long as the fretting is inserted into the
When welding fretting, use a finger to press the fretting switch on the motherboard, be sure to avoid the gap between the fretting and the motherboard, if there is a gap will have a serious impact on the feel of the mouse button. The welding wire should be put on as little as possible. If there is not enough tin at one time, the tin can be replenished again. If there is
After the fretting replacement, we need to put the mouse back as it is. First of all, it is necessary to connect the upper and lower circuit boards together, aim the connection pin at the
After the upper and lower circuit boards are assembled, 12 pins need to be fixed with tin. This is really a very tricky job without using a hot air gun. We need to put a little
After welding, be sure to carefully check whether the solder joints adhere to each other, and whether the solder is on the pins of other components. If so, you must use a tin
After the connection pins are welded, Logitech G500 game mouse installation is basically half complete, we just need to install the mouse in reverse order, and pay attention to not many things after installation.
Oh, I almost forgot. When installing, we must pay attention to the transparent acrylic board under the roller, which bears the downward force of the roller and the user when using the wheel. Don't forget to install it, otherwise it will affect the feel of use and the life of the mouse. During installation, the lower mouse circuit board is first placed into the chassis, and then the fixed board is aligned and positioned and inserted between the upper and lower circuit boards.
After the fixing plate is installed, install the bracket in front of the roller again, pay attention not to lose the two small springs that help the roller rebound, then install the circuit board fixing
Then insert the soft cable of the side key circuit board into the side key circuit board buckle, move slightly back and forth when inserting, to ensure that it must be inserted in a vertical direction, and then close the card. Finally, we have to weld the side button of
Finally, I would like to say to you that the replacement of fretting is actually very simple, as long as you are careful enough, and have a certain hands-on ability and simple tools, you can bring the mouse that has been double-clicked back to life.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
Next article:What's the difference between core i3 and i5 and i7