How to save your smartphone if it falls in the water?
By Niki Jones 2019-08-03 223 0
When our smartphone being water damaged, at the moment, it's always a little hysterical (M**of m**of m**of m**of m**of m**of ! What a c** ! ch*** p****n !). We try a little bit of everything and anything, in a hurry hoping to save his poor drowned smartphone. Here are two articles that can be used for reference: How to fix your water damaged phone? and How to fix your water damaged phone?
After all, not all of us are lucky enough to have a state-of-the-art IP68-certified smartphone. Moreover, the latter remains vulnerable, as the pressure of the water allows it to infiltrate despite certification. Certainly, you can buy a waterproof phone case for your smartphone. To find out more, discover: How to protect your phone from being water damaged?
The 5 methods to save your smartphone fallen into the water
By following these few steps, you should be able to save the life of your smartphone. Attention, however, the method works only for devices that offer easy access to the battery and circuits, with a removable rear shell. Yes, it's rare in 2019 but there are still some. Here is the procedure to follow:
1. Immediately remove the device from the water! Yes, it seems logical but sometimes some users, panicked, tend to do a little anything and do not necessarily have this first reflex.
2. Remove the battery as soon as possible to avoid burning. If possible of course, they are no longer removable on recent smartphones. Do not be afraid you have no risk of making us a "Claude François". Do the same with the SIM card and SD card.
3. Sponge up with your first-aid kit - paper towels and cotton swabs for nooks and crannies.
4. Place your smartphone in a food bag with rice. You can also add sachets of Silica Gel. Remember to expel the air from the bag. Rice and Silica Gel will mop up all the moisture.
5. Wait for 48 to 72 hours before reopening the bag. The longer you wait, the better. Open the bag and check if everything is dry. Restart the machine to verify that the smartphone is working properly.
This method is proven but does not provide a 100% smartphone rescue. It works for water. Do not try to do the same thing if it has fallen into milk, for example (yes, there are some who have already done so) or in any alcoholic or sweet drink. The rice method works just as well with your laptop as with your smartphone or any electronic device.
Finally，we know that even if the smartphone seems to work well, it will inevitably remain traces of oxidation in the device . Its lifetime will be much shorter than if it had never happened to him. If you are one of the most clumsy users, it will be better to buy a waterproof smartphone to limit anyway the case. Maybe you could try Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, it uses the nano-waterproof coating technology to prevent mobile phone corrosion and water damage in daily life.
|iPhone or smartphone wet? Here's what you NEED to do FAST|
|Better call aquaman | Gearbest's top selling waterproof phones|
|Top 5 best waterproof phone cases in summer|
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2020-03-24By Lydia Scott
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2020-03-04By Joe Horner
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2020-03-18By Lydia Scott