How to set Miracast on Windows 10 PC, TV, Android and iOS Phones?
By Adan Flannigan 2019-08-23 1705 0
How to find out if your Miracast device supports?
There are four types of devices that often support Miracast: Windows laptops, modern LCD TVs, phones and tablets running Android and IOS. Technology support depends on the company and device model, with this information you can find a detailed description of your device on the Internet with a list of supported technologies. The second way is to learn abilities manually using the instructions below.
Most devices with standard firmware version 4.2 of Jelly Bean and higher support this technology. To verify this, open the device settings and look for "Wireless Monitor" or Wireless Display. This function is sometimes found in the "Screen" section.
On IOS, the function that allows you to connect via Miracast is called AirPlay. It is supported by all Apple devices.
Open the TV settings and find Miracast. It can be in the section connected to the Internet or Wi-Fi network.
If it is not available anywhere, it means that the TV does not support the technology, but its capabilities can be expanded if you buy a special small device - Miracast-receiver. When you have it, just connect it to your TV via HDMI or USB and Miracast support will appear on your TV.
● Open the system search box and type in the Miracast command. The system will offer you a tab, open it.
● The system parameter section "Projecting to this computer" is expanded. Here you will see whether your computer supports projection or not.
If the technology is not supported, but very necessary, you can buy a Miracast receiver that connects to your computer via USB-transition.
This technology is not supported in Windows 7. Upgrade to Windows 8 or 10 to be able to use it.
How to set Miracast on different devices?
So, if you are sure that your devices support the technology, start synchronizing. You only need two devices - the sender (phone, tablet, computer) and the receiver (TV, computer) of the video signal.
Activate the function. The way it is turned on may vary from model to model, but you should find the button that turns on Miracast and wait until the TV notifies you that it is visible to other devices.
The first thing you need to do is to connect to the network that the TV distributes.
● Connect to the network distributed by Miracast
● Open the system parameters.
● Select the "Devices" block. In the "Connected devices" section, click on the "Add device" button.
● Select the Miracast monitor or receiver from the list. A short synchronization process will begin, and then the picture will appear on the TV.
● If the synchronization was successful, but the image does not appear, you need to configure the output manually. Press the Win+P combination on the keyboard, and in the screen that opens, click the "Connect to Wireless Screen" button.
● Point to the name of the TV.
● First, you need to connect to the Wi-Fi network distributed by the TV or computer you want to connect to.
● When you find the "Wireless screen" section, open the menu and tick the "Enable function" box.
● A list of available devices is displayed, select the desired one.
● Wait for the end of the short synchronization, after which the picture from the device will appear on the TV.
● Open the list of Wi-Fi networks and connect to the one distributed by your TV or Miracast receiver.
● Remove the quick access panel and select the AirPlay unit.
● Select the screen to which you want to send the signal.
● Activate the video repeater. Done, in a few seconds the synchronization will be over and the picture will appear on the big screen.
What to do if Miracast gets in trouble?
Miracast connection is sometimes broken, established for a long time or infinitely. There may be two reasons: the receiver is damaged or the drivers are not installed. In the first case you will have to replace the module, in the second case you will have to manually install or update the drivers. The following steps must be performed on your computer:
● To do this, go to the website of the company from which Miracast receiver is located and find the latest drivers for your operating system. Open the Device Manager.
● Find the Miracast adapter in the list and click on the "Update drivers" button. Select the manual search and specify the path to the previously downloaded file. Complete the installation procedure and try to synchronize again.
You need to find and use the Upgrade feature on your TV in the Miracst section. Please note that the TV must be connected to a Wi-Fi network at this point.
|You may also want to read:|
|The new Huami Amazfit smart sports watch 3 (Amazfit Verge 3) will be unveiled at August 27|
|OPPO Enco Q1 appearance leaked: three colors|
|GoPro Hero 8: Does a mega leak show the new action camera?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
Prev article:How to connect i10 TWS AirPods to smartphone?