How to setup DJI FPV settings and PID?
By Adan Flannigan 2019-11-04 2496 0
Adjusting the DJI FPV headphones
Power your FPV headset with a small LiPo battery and position it on your head. Adjust the inter-pupillary distance (IPD) using the wheels under the FPV helmet. This allows you to obtain a clear and adjusted image in relation to your eyes.
Activating Focus Mode
Focus mode improves the quality of the video return to the center of the image in the event of interference or reduced range. This way you can continue to drive and control your race drone even when the signal deteriorates.
To activate it, press the 5D button on the right of the headset, you can access the settings in the video feedback. Go to "Setting" then "Focus", switch to "On" to activate the Focus mode.
Setting the display parameters
You can adjust a multitude of display settings directly in the video feedback you have in front of your eyes. Adjust the brightness of the screen using the 5D button.
Access all these parameters in the "Setting" menu and then "Display". In this menu, you can adjust the zoom in the image and its position inside the headset.
Adjusting the parameters of the DJI FPV camera
Change the scene modes directly in the screen by pushing the 5D button forward or backward. You can choose between Standard, LED or Racing.
● Standard mode: normal mode for all types of races.
● LED mode: accentuates colors for dark strokes with ground LEDs.
● Racing mode: increases image saturation to highlight obstacles in very fast races.
Go to "Settings" then "Camera", you will have access to the following changes: ratio, scene modes, exposure metering, saturation, white balance and rotation.
Adjusting the recording settings
Open the menu and go to "Setting" then "Recording Setting". You can change the following settings:
● Record Device: allows you to select where the recording should be made (on the headset, on the camera or both)
●Air Unit Recording Format: allows you to select the recording quality (image quality and number of frames per second)
● Storage mode (Air unit / Goggles): allows you to choose how the recording will be stored on the selected device
Adjusting PIDs from your helmet
The headset allows you to set the PIDs of your flight controller directly from the DJI FPV interface. This will allow you to refine the behavior of your drone in flight as you would on Betaflight.
To do this, access the menu in the glasses, go to "Setting" then "PID Tuning". You can find many of the PID parameters that you can easily change using the 5D button.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2019-08-26By Joe Horner
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2019-08-21By Sigismondo Eisenhower
2017-02-28By Zim Watson