How to troubleshoot UMI Plus 4G phablet issues
Comprehensive UMI Plus 4G phablet troubleshooting guide. It covers the best fixes for the display/screen, GPS, camera, network/signal, battery, and boot issues.
UMI pack everything into an elegant and sturdy design phablet - outstanding Helio P10 processor, 4000mAh battery for 24 hours talk time, up to 256GB maximum storage by inserting memory cards, USB Type-C, quick charge tech ... and all is at an unbeatable price.
If you encounter some issues about UMI Plus 4G phablet. Don't worry! We have listed the most frequently asked questions and all will be solved in this fixing guide.
Display & Touch Screen Issues
● Plug the phone into the original charger and press the Power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery.
● If the screen is still black, use the original charger to charge for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can try another compatible USB cable and charger to have a 30-minute charge and reboot to see if it works.
● If the above solutions are useless, reset the phone to the factory default in the state of power off.
(a). Hold and press the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
(b). When an Android Image displays on the screen, press the Power button to enter Recovery Mode.
(c). Using the Volume Down to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset", and press the Power button to confirm.
(d). Then scroll to "Yes--delete all user data" by Volume Down button, and press Power key to select.
(e). Please wait for some time till the screen showing "reboot system now". Tap the option and press the Power button to confirm.
● If none of the methods work, please contact our aftersales support for advice.
● Try to turn off and reboot the phone to see if the problem is fixed.
● If the issue persists, the display's flex cable may either be faulty or loose. It may need to be returned to the factory for repair.
● You may run too many apps, which slow down the system speed and make the touchscreen with no response. Shut down the unnecessary apps and clean up the junk files, caches, or redundant files on the phone.
● Try to reboot the phone or restore it to factory settings for recovery.
● The screen may be damaged, please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
It is probably the setting issue, you can set your desire screen standby time in "Settings - Display - Sleep". 15 seconds / 30 seconds / 1 minute /2 minutes / 5 minutes / 10 minutes / 30 minutes are available.
In general, GPS cannot be 100% accurate every time. The accuracy is related to the specific navigation software used, the satellite signal, and other conditions – but generally not the phone itself.
● Go to Settings - Location - Mode - High accuracy - agree the "Improve location accuracy" window to help apps find your location more quickly and accurately.
● Try to install a more accurate navigation app and use it in an open area outside with clear visibility.
● Download GPS Plus / Z-DeviceTest to check whether the GPS module is normal or not. If it is damaged, please contact the aftersales for further support.
● Ensure you have opened the GPS function and WiFi / Cellular data before positioning.
● Please make sure you are in an open area outside. Use the GPS in a more open area outside with clear sky visibility. Being inside vehicles or buildings may interfere with the GPS signal. When you first use the GPS function, try to obtain a signal while static, before using it while in motion. If this is the first time you have used your phone's GPS, it may take a little longer to locate a satellite, please be patient.
● Go to Settings - Location - Mode - choose High accuracy to improve location accuracy.
● If the GPS is still unable to work, then the GPS module may be faulty. Contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● Some system reading errors may cause this problem. Power off and reboot.
● The cache or memory is not enough. Clear the data on your SD card, or switch to a larger capacity SD card in your phablet. Turn off the background software running on your phone, for they occupy much of the memory.
● An error has occurred when installing the camera app or in the process of upgrading. Uninstall the problematic app and try installing it again.
● The issue may be caused by a fault in the camera itself. Please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● Did you shoot beyond the range limit of the camera's focus or move when taking the photos? This may have led to the pictures on your phone coming out blurry. Make sure shooting within the phablet camera's focus range and remain still for a while after pressing the shutter button.
● Check whether there is any dirt inside the lens or not, if so, take the phablet to the repair shop for professional assistance.
● The camera has set the macro mode, which is only for close-up images, set the camera back to the normal/default mode.
● The light condition might not be ideal, being either too bright or too dark. Try to shoot in areas where the light is more even and consistent.
● Should the above solutions be ineffective, there may be an underlying hardware fault. Go to the repair store to fix.
● Try shooting with other camera apps to see if the incompatible app problem. If so, just uninstall it.
● May be the setting issue. Adjust white balance to incandescent light, decrease image contrast and increase saturation to recover the normal color.
● If none of the above methods work, this might be a faulty camera, please contact our aftersales for further help.
Network & Signal Issues
● Ensure that the specific WiFi band of router is supported by the phone.
● Check if the WiFi work in the sleep mode: Settings - WiFi - Advanced - choose "Always" to keep the WiFi on during sleep.
● Make sure the phone is within the effective WiFi distance from the router.
● Do not connect too many devices on the same router at the same time. The wireless router may have a limit of how many devices you can connect to it.
● Use another mobile phone with the same network type SIM card to determine if the problem is caused by the signal strength of wireless connection. If yes, you can contact the service provider for help.
● Backup the phone data and restore it to its factory settings: "Settings - Backup & reset - tap on Back up my data - Factory data reset - Reset Phone."
● If there is still an issue to connect to WiFi, the wireless module may be damaged. You can contact the aftersales service for technical assistance.
● Make sure you have activated the SIM card and use network traffic. If so, these cellular data network can be used normally.
● Remove the SIM card from your phone to another phone to find out if the card fault. Please consult the local mobile business hall, then dial the SIM card operator to reset number signal.
● The UMI Plus supports WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz 3G network. Ensure your phone's network frequency is compatible with both the local overlay network and the SIM card's carrier network, otherwise your phone will not receive the network signal.
● Restore to the factory settings by pressing the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously for recovery.
● Once all above solutions are useless, it would be the hardware problem, like the mainboard, antenna, network module, etc. It is advised to have a post-sales service for a repair.
Battery & Boot Issues
● Do you cut off the power for a while charge over and over again? Stop doing this because you just charge the virtual current and the power cannot keep long. Give the device a fully charge and then use it.
● You may have simply opened too many different apps and phone functions. To decrease the power draw, close all unnecessary apps, processes and functions, e.g. Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
● A higher screen brightness can also consume more power. Manually adjust the brightness to a moderate level to reduce power consumption.
● The battery could also be suffering from the "battery memory effect".
(a). At the boot state, fully charge the battery and remove the phone from the charger.
(b). Then fully discharge/drain the battery. Repeat this procedure a total of three times.
(c). Next, reboot the phone into Recovery mode: to do this, long press the power button and volume up button together. Choose these options "Recovery - advanced - wipe battery status".
● If these fixes do not resolve this problem, the battery is damaged, you can contact the provider for assistance.
● Connect the phone with original charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery. Then check it if the phone can boot after charging for 30 minutes.
● Drain the battery and change another effective USB cable or power charger to charge for a while (10 minutes and more). Then try to boot the phone.
● Try to reset factory settings to see if the app compatibility problem. Hold and press the Power button and Volume Up key to enter the Recovery Mode, choose and confirm "double wipe", that is, Wipe Data / Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition, then reboot the system by clicking "Reboot System Now".
● The above methods are invalid, contact the after-service and send it back to the factory for a check and repair.
For Gearbest users who require aftersales assistance for UMI Plus phablet or any of our other products, please feel free to contact our dedicated Support Center. Just complete the ticket details and send it to us, we will deal with your support issue as soon as possible. We're always here to help.
1 / 0
4 days ago By GB Blog Official
2018-02-05 By GB Blog Official
2018-01-31 By Adeline Belluz
You might also like:
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official
2017-04-20 By Zim Watson
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson