How to unlock No Fly Zones in DJ GEO 2.0
By Sigismondo Eisenhower 2019-08-12 1829 0
The update of DJI GEO 2.0 also covered TFR sites, i.e. those subject to temporary flight restrictions - due to important events in a given region or natural disasters, which it obtains from the European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation - Eurocontrol.
As DJI informed us during the process of unblocking the zone for the Customer, the GEO MAP database is designed to provide general protection for sensitive locations around the world - it is not tailored to any specific set of rules.
Additionally, some zones of DJI GEO 2.0 do not prohibit flights - they only inform users about potential threats.
Zones in DJI GEO 2.0
Zones in the GEO database are divided into the following areas:
● Restricted zones: in those zones that are red in DJ GO 4, the flight is blocked; in order to fly in Restricted Zones, you must obtain a permit, which will be described later,
● Altitude zones: When flying in these zones, you will receive a warning in DJ GO 4 and your flight altitude will be limited,
● Authorisation zones: the most common zone DJI GEO 2.0, authorisation by SMS or bank card is required - identity verification, no fees are charged;
● Warning zones: zones coinciding with air spaces CTR, MATZ TRA - airports, military facilities, the so-called time-reserved zones, etc. - warning zones - zones coinciding with air spaces CTR, MATZ TRA - airports, military facilities, the so-called time-reserved zones, etc. - flight is possible after obtaining approval of managing body,
● Extended warning zones: you should unlock the flight by means of an authorization, as in the case of the authorization zone, but unlike in the case of flights in the authorization zone, here you do not need to have a permanent Internet connection and a verified account during the flight (authorization is a one-time authorization).
How to unlock Authorisation Zones (blue) in the DJ GO 4 application
When you go to the flight site and start a drone, a message will appear in the authorization zone in the DJI GO 4 application:
There will also be a place to provide your phone number or credit card number to verify your identity. If you choose to verify your identity by phone number, you will receive a code that you should enter in the next window.
After these actions, the code chosen by our zone should be already on the list, all we have to do is import it to the drone by pressing Import to Aircraft.
How to unlock Restricted Zones (Red) / No Fly Zones in DJ GO 4
The red zone covers areas that are in need of increased control, so flying in the red zone requires the submission of an appropriate form.
To send the form, go to the DJ page in the Fly Safe tab and click the UNLOCK A ZONE button.
The form is shown to us:
In the form to remove the blockade in DJI GEO 2.0 we provide:
● E-mail address
● The date on which the blockade is to be lifted
● DJI account name (E-mail address or phone number)
● Drone drone model and controller serial number
● The industry in which we work and the justification for the lockout
In addition, we may attach files with a permit or permit to fly obtained from the appropriate authority, a scan of our certificate of competency.
Then, go to the map and select the area you want to unblock, keeping in mind to keep an adequate reserve. We confirm and enter the verification code, then wait for an e-mail with confirmation of unlocking, which should be received within 24 hours - usually it is a few minutes.
After receiving a message from DJI confirming that we can remove the blockade, start a drone and a device with the DJI GO 4 application and import a list with the unlocked zone, entering in turn into : General Settings -> Unlocking List -> App -> Import to Aircraft - these actions can be performed outside the flight location, you need to have an Internet connection.
The last step is to import the zone to the drone before a particular flight. We do it already on the spot, after turning on the drone and the application.
Enter General Settings -> Unlocking List -> Aircraft and move the selected area.
We accept the conditions by confirming that we have the appropriate permissions to perform the flight. Here the Internet connection is not necessary, we only need a connection with a sufficient number of satellites and we can start the flight.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2017-12-11By Adeline Belluz
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
Next article:Amazfit Verge Lite Smart Watch FAQ