How to upgrade your Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G to the new firmware
By Sigismondo Eisenhower 2019-07-07 569 0
Upgrade to stable firmware v 2.28.24 in Xiaomi Router 3G
The easiest way to perform the manual update is by accessing the Xiaomi 3G Router interface from our Google Chrome browser that allows you to translate Chinese text.
Before we continue, we must clarify that if you carry it out is solely your responsibility, although if we follow the steps we provide you should not have any problem:
● Check that we have a firmware lower than 2.28.24 stable (most of us were still on 2.28.23). You can consult it in the My Router app, Plug-ins > Updates.
● Download the stable firmware file 2.28.24 from this link. Once saved, access the router interface by entering your IP address in the Google Chrome browser and providing our password.
If you don't know the IP address of your router (in my case 192.168.31.1), you can easily find it by typing "ipconfig" in the Windows Command Console (CMD) and it will appear in the Ethernet Adapter (or Wireless LAN Adapter if you are not wired) > Default Gateway section.
● Activate the English translation of Google Chrome and follow the path Common Settings > System Status. In this window we can also check the current version of our firmware.
● Finally, choose Manual update, select the previously downloaded file and click Start updating.
The update process takes between 5 and 8 minutes, until the LED on the router turns blue again. During this period, under no circumstances should you interrupt the router's power supply.
As you can see, manual updating is a simple process and these steps can be applied to all other Xiaomi routers.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to set up music control function with Xiaomi Mi band 4?|
|Top smart band compare: Xiaomi Mi band 4 VS Samsung Galaxy Fit VS Huami AMAZFIT Cor|
|Roborock S6 vs Xiaomi Roborock S50: Which is Better to Buy?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2019-09-19By Goraud Mazanec
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
2019-08-30By Sophia Windsor
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2019-09-05By Fields Corrielus
Next article:How to choose a Bluetooth headset