Mi Home does not work troubleshooting: what is the problem and how to solve it.
By Sigismondo Eisenhower 2019-08-15 7500 0
Error in logging in to your account
The most popular problem is the appearance of a connected device on the screen, an error message when trying to log in to your personal cabinet. The inscription may contain a numerical error code -5003-60762. This is due to the lack of communication with the server in the producing country.
You can remove the notification by connecting to a transit server. You will need to debug via VPN connection on Xiaomi's phone. The algorithm of actions is simple and involves several steps:
1. Download and install VPN-Master. It is easy to do with the use of Google Play service. If the screen displays a ban on downloading from unknown sources, remove it.
2. Launch and install the program. When prompted to select a country to transit data, it is recommended to designate Singapore, Germany. If the first attempt to connect fails, make multiple attempts. As a rule, 3-4 repetitions are enough to get into Mi Home interface. Next, register now.
3. If you successfully enter your login and password in the system, you should disconnect from the VPN: lower the top curtain of the settings, find the line "Connect to VPN" and select "Disconnect".
If you still can't login to your account, you can try to choose other countries in the downloaded utility.
Mi Home does not send notification
The second common reason for users' dissatisfaction with the development of Xiaomi Mi Home is the lack of push notifications. It's a pretty serious problem that you shouldn't turn a blind eye to. This way, you can't know in time if there's a water leak or a window that opens from the wind. The first thing to do is to check the service on a third-party device. If all is well there, then perform manipulations on your gadget (the instructions are given on the example of Xiaomi with the MIUI version 6.0.1):
1. Set the automatic start permission.
2. View the application permissions. There should be a tick at the "pop-up windows" line.
3. Check the permissions under "Notifications and Status bar". It is of interest to the item "Notifications of applications", from which we go down to the "smart house". The "Show notifications" line must be active.
4. If after all the manipulations the messages did not come, then only the reinstallation of the service can save you.
Mi Home does not find the device
1. check is the region setting. Mainland China must be specified for correct operation. Now Russia has appeared there as well, but if you choose it, absolutely all the devices will disappear from the availability.
2. try to connect to the VPN from the instruction above.
3. change the address of the DNS server to Chinese 220.127.116.11.114. You can change it on the router or in the Wi-Fi settings.
There are many more jams in the process, for example, there was a version in Play store that was not installed on any phone with the error "Mi Home is not supported on your device", but it was quickly corrected. We can only hope that there will be fewer jams, or we will have to reconfigure the system on Domoticz.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2020-03-19By Lydia Scott
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2020-03-05By Joe Horner
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2020-03-13By Lydia Scott
Prev article:How to Turn on the Xiaomi Mi Cloud Backup?
Next article:Does the Honor Band 5 supports GPS?