PS4 - NAT Type: How to determine and solve your problems
By Jocelyn Longoria 2019-06-03 1101 0
What does NAT actually mean?
The abbreviation NAT stands for "Network Address Translation" and describes a procedure that automatically exchanges address information in order to connect different networks.
What did the three NAT types of the PS4 mean?
The different PS4 NAT types show you how much data from the Internet is passed through your PS4. This is not so much about the actual bandwidth as it describes different security levels similar to a firewall.
▪ NAT type 1 (open): The PS4 is directly connected to the Internet via a modem and is therefore online without a firewall or router.
▪ NAT type 2 (medium): The PS4 is connected to the Internet via a properly configured router. All services work perfectly.
▪ NAT type 3 (strict): The third type indicates that the router has been configured incorrectly. Online games and services may not work or may not work properly
How can I determine my NAT type?
Via Settings " Network " Connection status you can check and determine your own NAT type. With a connection test you can determine the IP address of the PS4, this is needed for the router configuration. Alternatively you can remember the MAC address. This depends on the router..
Which ports need to be enabled for the PS4?
Do you have the worst NAT type 3 or the - in most cases correct - NAT type 2 and still some games or functions don't want to work? Use your router configuration to open the following ports for the PS4 and try again afterwards:
▪ TCP: 465, 983, 1935, 3478-3480, 5223, 10070-10080
▪ UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070
How to set up the port releases on the Fritzbox
If you have a Fritzbox, you can follow the steps below to set up the port shares:
▪ Log on to your Fritzbox
▪ Click on "Internet" and then on "Shares".
▪ Selects the "Port Releases" tab here.
▪ Click the "Edit" button next to your PS4 in the list.
▪ Then select "New share" and activate the option "Port share".
Here you can set up the port releases. The following steps have to be done for all TCP and UDP ports listed above. Make sure that you specify the correct range for port ranges and that you specify the correct protocol type. For the first port release (TCP, port 465), proceed as follows:
▪ For "Applications", select "Other application".
▪ Specifies any designation, e.g. "PS4-TCP-465".
▪ For "Protocol" select the entry "TCP".
▪ Now enter the desired port in the fields "Port to device", "to port" and "Port external desired ▪ (IPv4)" - in our example the "465".
▪ Activates the share with a click on "OK".
For port ranges, for example for TCP ports 10070-10080, you don't need to unlock the individual ports, here you can set up the entire block at once. Just enter the first port (10070) for "Port to device" and the last port (10080) for "to port". In the field "Port external wanted (IPv4)" enter only the first port.
|You may also want to read:|
|Redmi K20 rumored to launch as Xiaomi Mi 9T in Europe|
|Dell XPS 15 9580 (2019): specs, release date, price and features|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 4 and Mi Max 4 Pro: 48 Mp camera and other rumors|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry
Prev article:How to change NAT type on PS4