Repair Cubot Note S smartphone issues with ease
By GB Blog Official 2017-04-06 3616 2
For solving the Cubot Note S smartphone issues that most of the users have met, we Gearbest blog summarized the questions and made this answer list, all the solutions are offered here. Please freely take the useful tips you need.
● The Cubot Note S sports a removable battery, so please open the phone's back case to check whether the battery protective file (which is stuck on the battery's metal pin) is removed or not. Usually a new Cubot Note S has the file which needs to be removed by the user.
● If this reason is eliminated, maybe it's just because the phone has run out the battery. So simply charge the phone through its original USB cable for minimum 10 minutes then boot it.
● Once the above way doesn't work, maybe the phone's USB charging port is oxidized or damaged. You can use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol to wipe the port and then wait for a minute until the alcohol is dry. Then charge the phone again. And wait for some time, then try to boot it again.
● If the above ways don't work, check whether the USB charger is the original one. If not, change to the original one because a different power charge has different input and output power which may cause the battery charge failure, therefore, the phone cannot get power supply and cannot be booted.
● Maybe the USB cable or charger is broken, so try to charge the phone with another effective USB cable or appropriate power charger. Or remove the battery and charge it with a multiple use battery charger. Wait for some time, and then try to boot it again.
Source: from the internet
● Once all these solutions cannot solve this problem, we can make sure that the battery, phone circuit, or the phone hardware must be damaged. Please take the phone to a phone repair center to check and fix. If you want to exchange the original component like the battery, you can contact the after-sales service for help.
Maybe it’s just because the phone runs out the battery. Or there might be some system errors happening, otherwise, it should be a hardware damage issue. Try the following solutions:
● Charge the phone through its original USB cable for minimum 10 minutes then boot it.
● After the charge, if the phone still cannot boot normally. Please reset the phone: At the power off state, long press the Power button and Volume + button together to enter its Recovery mode. Choose wipe data/factory reset option to reset the phone.
● If both the methods don't work, try to flash the watch. Download the ROM and flash tool from our blog. The detail steps are contained in the RAR file, please operate as the guide shows to flash this phone. If you think it's not easy for you, you can ask help from the professional phone fixing center staff.
● The worst situation is even the ROM flash cannot solve this problem. Then we can make sure that the phone's hardware must be damaged. Please contact the after-sales service to send the product back the factory to repair. Or you can just take it to a local phone repair center to fix.
Battery charge Issues
● Please check the USB charger you use is the original one or not, different charger has different input and output power which may affect the power charge. You'd better use the original one to charge the phone.
When this reason is eliminated, there are another two possible reasons: the battery wasn't activated before shipping or there is something wrong with the battery (the circuit).
● For the first reason, the users could try to activate the battery: continuously use the phone until the battery runs out and the phone powers off automatically. Then charge it to the full state. It usually works. If not, try this method several times.
● If the former method doesn't suit this problem, the reason is definitely the second one. So you can take your phone to a local phone fixing store for a check and repair it there. Or you can contact the after-sales service to send this phone back the factory for a fix.
● The very first thing you need to make sure is whether you use the phone's original USB charger to charge the phone. Different power chargers have distinct electric input and output or voltage, so the other chargers may not well suit this phone. Use the original phone USB charger to charge it.
● If the charger has no problem, but the charging speed is slow, try to use another USB cable. Maybe the cable is damaged, which may also slow down the charging speed.
● Check the phone's running program. Many applications still run in the background even you quit them, which will consume your phone's battery and drag the power charging speed. Shut off these programs / applications such as the WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. during the power charge. (Long press the Home button to view the running installed applications and slide each application to the right side to close it. Or simply tap the broom icon to shut off all.)
● Do not play big online games / listen to music / watch movies when charging your phone. Not only will it slow down your phone charging speed and it's bad for the battery which may shorten its lifespan.
● Please pay attention: Do not run out the battery before charging. If you always drain the battery, making the phone automatically power off, the battery will be damaged and the lifespan will be shortened as well.
How long a battery can work actually depends on how the users use. If you open many functions on the phone or open the GPS, cellular data, WiFi or Bluetooth feature all the time, sure the battery consumes very fast and it cannot be used for a long time even after a full charge. And if the brightness of the screen is high and it always lights, which will speed up the power consumption as well. So you can prevent the battery fast consumption issue with the following solutions:
● Shut off the functions you rarely use, and only launch them when needed.
● Turn down the screen's brightness manually or set the screen brightness as the automatic adjusting mode.
● Maybe the battery hasn't been activated before, so activate the battery: continuously use the phone until the battery is running out and the phone powers off automatically. Then charge it. Do it for several times.
● If all these methods make no sense, there must be something wrong with the phone's battery or related components. Please contact the after-sales service for more help or return it back the factory to check and repair. Or simply take it to a local phone repair center to check and fix.
● Check whether the USB charger is the original one. A non-original power charger has a different input and output power which may cause the battery charge failure.
● Maybe the power charger's metal pin is oxidized if it has been used for a long time. So you use an eraser to clean the pin, and retry it. Or maybe the charging port on the phone be oxidized as well, you can use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol to wipe the port and then wait for a minute until the alcohol is dry. Then charge the phone again.
● Charge the phone for minimum 10 minutes and then boot it. If it fails, continuously press the phone Power button three times and then hold the Power button for 10 seconds to see whether it can be opened.
● Or keep connecting the phone to the power source, press the Power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it be charged for some time and boot it again.
● Change another effective USB cable or appropriate power charger.
● Remove the battery and charge it with a multiple use battery charger. After that, reinstall the battery into the phone and boot it. If it works, it means the phone's USB port is damaged, take it to the phone fix store to repair.
● Once all above solutions are invalid, the most possible reason should be the battery has something wrong. Please contact the after-sales service for more help, such as consulting how to exchange / buy an original battery.
Screen & Display Issues
● Make sure your finger is not wet, otherwise sure the screen cannot detect your finger and won't react to your operation.
● If it only happens when charging, maybe the electricity influences the touch reaction, which is a hardware issue. Disconnect the power charger then you can normally use the screen.
● Once there are too many junk caches storing in the phone, the phone's operating system speed will be slowed down, therefore, the touch reaction will be dragged as well. So use your phone management application or a third party phone management app to clean these junk files.
● System error. You can try to reset the phone (Settings - Privacy - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone). But do remember to back up your important data before, otherwise, they will be permanently removed.
● If all these ways cannot solve this matter, we can sure that the touch screen is damaged. So you can directly take it to a local phone repair center for a fixing or contact the after-sales service to send it back the factory to repair.
Some system errors or hardware issues may cause this problem during the phone usage. Or in some specific situations like during a charging, the phone's touch screen may work abnormally, such as no response, too sensitive or switches itself.
● In such conditions, you can try to reboot your phone or directly reset it to see whether the problem can be solved.
● If the methods cannot figure it out, the most possible reason is that the phone's hardware or screen related component is broken. You can take it to a local phone fixing store to repair or contact the after-sales service to send it back to the factory to fix or change the components.
Internet & WiFi Issues
● Please check whether you have turned on the cellular data feature. Drag the shortcut menu from the phone screen's top, check whether the Data connection feature is turned on. If not, simply tap the button to open it.
● If you have installed a phone / mobile data management application, when your cellular data package will run out, the application will automatically turn off the cellular data feature to prevent the data overuse. So check the app's settings. You can cancel the cellular data automatically switches off setting.
● Make a phone call to check whether your phone is out of service, if yes, please pay your bill and then reboot your phone, then you can normally use the cellular data.
● Install an APN application on your phone if you have mistyped the wrong APN on your phone which will stop you using the cellular data. But this application can automatically correct the APN for your phone according to the SIM card operator's information.
● Ask the SIM card operator whether you have activated the internet service if your SIM card is a new one.
● Remove the SIM card from your phone and install it into another phone to check whether the cellular data is working, if yes, your phone has something wrong. You can take it to a phone fixing store to check and fix. If it needs to exchange some components, you'd better to contact the after-sales service to send it back to the factory to exchange the original ones. If no, that's the SIM card's problem, please contact the SIM card operator for help.
● Check whether the WiFi router works normally - whether the flash LED lights are shinning.
● Use other devices to connect to the WiFi signal to see whether this problem also happens to them. If yes, it means there are something wrong with the WiFi router. Please reset your WiFi router.
● If no, the problem should belong to your phone. So please check whether you have switched off the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" feature. Enter the phone's Settings - Wi-Fi, click the right top menu button, choose the Advanced setting, tap Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep option, tick Always option.
● If you have turned on the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" feature and the Wi-Fi router also works normally, but the WiFi internet is not stable as well, maybe your phone has some unknown system errors. Please reboot your phone or just directly reset your phone to break this factor.
● Once all the methods are useless, then the phone's network & WiFi related components must be damaged. Please contact the after-sales service to send the phone back the factory to repair.
We sincerely hope this phone fixing guide can help you solve the Cubot Note S smartphone issues.
For Gearbest customers: if the above solutions are not working for your issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Just fill the ticket with your questions at our Support center and send it to us. And we will try our best to deal with it as soon as possible when we receive it. We are always here for helping you.
Gearbest after-sales center: Support Center.
For the purpose of this new article, some of the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2018-09-05By Steve Lowry
2017-04-12By GB Blog Official
2018-09-13By Matthieu Andre
2017-02-19By Zim Watson
2018-09-14By Steve Lowry
Prev article:VKworld T3 smartphone troubleshooting guide
Next article:Fix the top 6 LeTV Leeco Le 2 Pro 4G phablet issues