Resolve Chuwi Vi8 Plus tablet screen / battery / WiFi issues
By Adeline Belluz 2018-03-21 1453 3
● Press and hold the power key to restart your Chuwi Vi8 Plus and check whether it works properly.
● Maybe the tablet run out of battery power. Charge it with its original charging adapter for at least 10 minutes, then press the power button to start the device and check if it has a black screen while it's on.
● Maybe you have installed a third-party software from unknown source, which results in software / system crashes and thus gets a black touch screen. Try to restart the tablet to remove the app and check if the problem is solved. If you cannot restart the device or the problem hasn't been solved after restarting, please press power key and volume up key at the same time to enter safe / recovery mode, then clear data.
If above methods don't help, you should go to a local fixing store to solve this problem, or contact the seller for further help.
Press and hold the power key about 15 seconds to restart the product. If the tablet has no response to the restart, try the following solution.
Maybe improper shutdown causes some important files are damaged or lost. Try to download Chuwi Vi8 Plus ROM firmware to flash your tablet.
● The charging cable and adapter are not good or suitable for your tablet. Change another 5V 2A branded charging adapter and USB cable to charge your Chuwi Vi8 Plus.
● Your tablet is in fake crash status. Plug in its 5V 2A charging adapter to charge it about an hour, long press the power key for 15 seconds to reset the device, then wait for 5 to 10 seconds to restart the Chuwi tablet.
● There are some problems with the tablet's BIOS. We suggest you download Chuwi Vi8 Plus ROM firmware and flash your tablet.
If all above solutions don't solve your problem, you could send the product to a fixing store to fix it, or contact the seller for further help.
● You have opened too many applications. Please turn off some unneeded apps to decrease battery consumption.
● The touch screen's brightness level is high which leads to the device runs out of battery quickly. Adjust the brightness to medium level in settings.
● The battery may be damaged if you always use the tablet while charging. Thus, stop playing with your tablet while charging to prevent it from damaging.
● Maybe its system is not completely so that the device needs more battery to run. We suggest you download Chuwi Vi8 Plus ROM firmware and flash your tablet.
If all above solutions don't solve this problem, maybe the battery is damaged. You could go to a local fixing store to solve the battery problem, or ask the seller for further help if the product is still under guarantee.
First of all, make sure that your wireless router is working fine. Try to connect your phone or other WiFi enabled devices to the router, if it connects successfully and then you can surf the internet, that means your router hasn't problem, in other words, your tablet has something wrong.
● If you cannot connect to the router in a system, but connect successfully in another system, the problem may be the WiFi firmware in the previous system is breakdown, We suggest you download Chuwi Vi8 Plus ROM firmware and flash your tablet.
● If you cannot connect to the router in both two systems, maybe the WiFi firmware is broken. In this case, your tablet needs to be repaired at a fixing store or its factory.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the CHUWI Vi8 Plus dual system tablet from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2019-08-16By Joe Horner
2017-02-14By Zim Watson
2019-08-15By Joe Horner
Prev article:JXD 509G RC quadcopter troubleshooting guide