Resolve the problems of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Have you ever suffered from the troubles of SIM card, network, charging, power on / off, and functions, etc., regarding Xiaomi Redmi Note 3? Solutions are right ready for you.
SIM card issues: cannot recognize/cannot pop out
● Maybe the SIM card has a poor contact, just power off and remove the SIM card. Clean the chip in SIM card with an eraser.
● Ensure the SIM card is placed securely and correctly into the card slot.
● Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is a dual SIM dual standby phone. Check whether the SIM card is activated. If not, enter the phone's "Setting - SIM Cards Setting - SIM 1 (UIM1) / SIM 2 - Activate" and tick this option.
● Back up your data in the phone, including contacts, messages, photos, etc. And restore to the factory settings in "Setting - additional settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset".
● Once all the above solutions are ruled out, the card slot may be damaged, just return it back to the factory to check and repair.
● You may do not use much strength to prick the card adapter, so pop it out with more efforts.
● Or maybe the card adapter have popped out with only a small part outside, you need to fetch it with fingers personally.
● If the solutions do not work, the shrapnel on the card slot may be damaged. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
Network issues: Connect to network/WiFi/Bluetooth
Maybe because you are using a new card, the solutions are as follows:
● Make sure whether your phone has opened 2/3/4G GPRS cellular data. If so, these cellular data network can be used normally.
● Remove the SIM card from your phone to another phone to find out if the card faulty. Please consult the local mobile business hall, then dial the SIM card operator to reset number signal.
● Verify that your phone's network frequency is compatible with both the local overlay network and the SIM card's carrier network, otherwise your phone will not receive the network signal.
● Power off and reboot to have a try if the above ways work. Perhaps the network signal is not smooth at the moment.
● If the method is still invalid, restore to the factory settings by pressing the power button and volume up button simultaneously.
● Once all above solutions are useless, the most possible reason should be the hardware problem, like mainboard, antenna, network module, etc. It is advised to have a post-sales service for a repair.
● Use another mobile phone or digital device to connect WiFi. Make sure the router can work normally. Once the signal is too weak, your phone will unable to connect to the Internet via WiFi.
● Do not connect too many devices on the same router at the same time. Or your phone will cannot connect WiFi due to IP conflicts. The problem can be solved by setting static IP with the instruction in the link.
● Check if the phone has set "Auto turn off WiFi during sleep". Enter "Settings - Network - WLAN- WLAN settings - Advanced settings - Keep WLAN on during sleep".
● Long-time usage of router may cause its temporary failure. Reboot the router will recover the signals.
● If reboot still does not work, restore the router's factory settings and the phone's network settings.
● Once all the above solutions are invalid, the wireless module may be damaged. Contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● Make use both your phone and the target device have opened Bluetooth.
● The paired phone need to choose the option "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices" in phone's "Settings - Bluetooth".
● Try to reboot the problematic phone.
● Connect to other phone or devices via Bluetooth. If connected successfully, it will be the Bluetooth problem of the paired phone.
● If the above methods do not work, update your ROM firmware with the link.
● Once a firmware update does not help, your phone might require a professional repair. Contact our aftersales service.
Power on/off issues: cannot boot/auto powers off/reboot
● Connect Redmi Note 3 with original charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery, then boot it after charging for a while.
● Restore to the factory settings. In the state of power off, long press the power button and volume up button together to enter the Recovery mode, choose and confirm "double wipe", that is, wipe data / factory reset and wipe cache partition, then reboot the system by clicking "reboot system now".
● Change another effective USB cable or power charger and charge for half an hour and try to boot the phone.
● If all the solutions do not work, it will be the problem of the USB connector, mainboard, or battery. Contact the post-sales services for a repair or fix it in local repair shops around.
● Once Redmi Note 3 can enter into the system normally, uninstall the latest installed applications; If it still does not work, restore the device to the factory settings.
● Once the phone cannot enter into the system. Power off your phone first, long press the power button and volume up button at the same time to enter the Recovery mode, choose the option "restore to the factory settings" with volume button and confirm with the power button.
● But if the factory reset operation even cannot save your phone, try to flash your ROM firmware with the link.
● Once none of the solutions are valid, it might be the hardware problem. Just contact the post-sales services for a repair.
Function issues: lock screen/camera/messaging
● Might be the system internal fault. At its power off state, long press the power button and volume up button together to enter the Recovery mode. Clean the cache and restore the factory defaults.
● The flash fault. Need to flash your phone again with the flash package.
● Make sure whether you have rooted your phone before. If you have, delete the root software or remove root permission.
● Some system reading errors may cause this problem. Just power off your phone and reboot.
● The cache or memory is not enough. Clear the data in SD card, or change a larger capacity SD card in your phone. Turn off the background software running on your phone, for they occupy much of the memory.
● Installation error of some camera apps or there is something wrong in the process of upgrading. Both errors can make the camera become unusable, then just uninstall the problematic camera apps.
● Something may go wrong with the camera. Please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● The phone's system fails. Try to reboot your phone.
● Your phone runs out of money. Hurry to pay the bill.
● The server of the operator has something wrong, like network delay. Dial the operator service to consult.
● Set the right SMS center number in phone's message setting "Messaging - Additional settings - Short message service center" or dial the operator service to set.
● The signal in your location is weak, causing you unable to receive messages temporarily. Move to the place with good signal.
● The installed security software intercepts the messages, so delete those software first.
● May be caused by the insufficient memory, just delete some messages or other unnecessary software.
● The system setting issue. Restore to the factory settings.
The most possibility might be the busy network, which causes the received messages is not integral or wrong. Wait for a moment or reboot your phone.
Other issues: charge/keypads/language/IMEI number
● Check all the connectors for signs of oxidation. Carefully remove any visible residue and try to charge again.
● The phone’s charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol and carefully wipe the port. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge Redmi Note 3 with the original USB charger, as using a different one may have the wrong input and output power causing a charge failure.
● If it still fails to charge, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for some time and then boot the phone again.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the USB port and/or battery may be damaged. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● There are too much junk file -- this can slow down the system speed and make the touchscreen less responsive. Then you need to use third-party software to clean it up. Develop a habit of routinely cleaning the phone contents with a maintenance app to ensure a smooth user experience.
● Might be the internal fault. Try to reboot or restore factory settings.
● Welding spot may be poor contact by hitting a thump by accident, or the electrical circuit may be broken. Go to have it repaired or replace other screen.
You can set your desired language in phone's "Settings - Additional settings - Language & input - Language". Upgrading or flashing your phone may result in language missing, in which situation you need to offer IMEI so that the supplier can provide relevant language package.
No, you cannot. As an identification, it is unique for each phone.
We hope this guide has helped you get the most out of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. If you have encountered other issues not covered in the guide, feel free to contact our GearBest Support Center to submit a help ticket. We will deal with them as soon as possible.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 | Top 9 hidden tips and tricks|
|XIAOMI REDMI Note 3 Firmware Pack|
1 / 0
2 days ago By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-05 By Adeline Belluz
2018-01-15 By Adeline Belluz
Prev article: PPTV 7 Smartphone fixing guide
You might also like:
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official
2017-04-20 By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson