Resolve the top 6 issues about HOMTOM HT3 3G smartphone
The top 6 frequently asked questions in HOMTOM HT3 smartphone, including boot, camera, charging / battery, screen, speaker and network connectivity issues. Here come the solutions.
In this blog post, we will address the most frequently asked questions regarding the popular HOMTOM HT3 3G smartphone, including step-by-step solutions. If you have encountered these issues during your day-to-day use, we'll show you how to resolve them like a pro.
Common Boot Issues
● Check whether there are something dirty or glue between the battery and the motherboard. Just try to wipe them clearly.
● The phone battery might be completely drained. Try connecting the phone to the original charger that came supplied with the phone, then charge the device for at least 10 minutes and try to boot again.
● Connect and charge the phone using its original charger. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to force a boot.
● Alternatively, restore HOMTOM HT3 to the factory default settings. While powering off, long press the power button and the volume up button together to boot into the Recovery Mode. Navigate to the "Restore to the factory settings" option with the volume up and down buttons, select the option with the power button.
● To rule out the possibility of defective peripherals, change to another effective USB cable and/or power charger. Charge the phone for half an hour and then try to boot the phone.
● If none of the solutions work, the most likely cause of the boot issue is the USB connector, motherboard, or the battery. Contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair or take the phone to a local phone repair store.
● During the boot sequence, the OS is loading system files and applying any updates (esp. following a firmware upgrade). These steps can result in a slower boot. Please be patient and wait for another 5 - 10 minutes.
● If the phone is still unresponsive, long press the power button for approximately 30 seconds to force the phone to reboot.
● If HOMTOM HT3 still cannot boot correctly, the phone battery could be completely drained. Try connecting the phone to the original charger that came supplied with the phone, then charge the device for at least 10 minutes and try booting again.
● If the phone is still not booting, restore the phone to its factory settings. Hold the power button and the volume up buttons together to enter the phone's Recovery Mode. Using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select, choose "double wipe" or "double W", i.e. wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
● If a phone reset is unable to resolve the problem, download the latest ROM firmware to flash your phone again.
● Should the above solutions be ineffective, there may be an underlying hardware or system fault. Get in touch with our aftersales service to arrange a product return/factory repair.
● There may be something wrong with data cache, leading to the application unresponsive or damaged. Try following solutions:
● Just try rebooting your HOMTOM HT3 smartphone to see if the rear camera can use normally.
Reset your camera in your phone's "Camera - Setting - Restore defaults".
● Restore the device to the default factory settings in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: Be sure to back up your important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If all the above solutions do not work, the phone's camera might be faulty. Contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair or take the phone to a local phone repair store.
● The system has conflicts with the application, just try rebooting your HOMTOM HT3 smartphone.
● Some camera files may be deleted by accident. Restore the phone to the default factory settings in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: Be sure to back up your important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● There is something wrong with the camera installation. Contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair.
● The phone has a low battery, causing that the flash lamp is unable to turn on normally. Fully charge your phone and have a try later.
● Re-download a camera app to check whether the flash lamp can be used or not, if yes, it indicates your camera application has something wrong.
● Maybe you turn off the flash lamp function inadvertently, start it in camera interface, tap the "flash lamp" icon to turn on it.
● Once all the above solutions are useless, the most possibility should be the hardware problem. Contact the post-sales services to arrange a product return and repair or examine and fix it in local repair shop.
● System read errors can sometimes cause this problem, power off the device and reboot.
● The cache or memory is insufficient. Clear the data on your SD card and reformat it, or (if possible) switch to a larger capacity SD card (with a faster class rating) in your phone. Turn off any background apps/processes running on your phone, they can also use up the memory.
● An error may have occurred when installing or updating the camera app. Uninstall and reinstall the camera app and try again.
● The issue may be due to a hardware fault of the camera, like the camera is loose. Please contact our aftersales service for further technical assistance.
Charging / Battery Issues
● Check whether there are something dirty or glue between the battery and the motherboard. Just try yo wipe them clearly.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol and carefully wipe the port. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge HOMTOM HT3 with the original USB charger to ensure the input and output power values do not affect the charging process.
● If HOMTOM HT3 still fails to charge, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● To exclude the possibility of defective peripherals, change to another effective USB cable and/or power charger.
● The USB port might be faulty. Fully charge the battery with universal charger and install the battery back into the phone.
● If the problem persists, the likely causes should be the battery or motherboard issue. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● You may have opened too many background apps and functions. To decrease the power consumption, turn off unnecessary apps, processes and functions, e.g. Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, etc.
● Higher screen brightness can also consume more power. Adjust the brightness to a moderate level to reduce the power draw.
● The battery could also be suffering from the "memory effect". At its boot state, fully charge the battery and remove the phone from the charger. Then fully discharge/drain the battery. Repeat this procedure three times. Next, reboot the phone into Recovery mode: long press the power button and volume up button together. Choose the option: "Recovery - advanced - wipe battery status".
● If these fixes do not resolve the battery drain problem, the battery may be damaged. We recommend replacing the battery.
Firstly, if this occurs while the HOMTOM HT3 smartphone is charging, stop charging - the touchscreen should be responsive again. The charging current sometimes disrupts the screen sensitivity.
Another cause is damage from drops or bumps, the impact can affect the delicate circuitry and components inside the device. In this situation, we strongly advise you to consult a professional phone repair store, or replace the screen display.
If these two solutions do not resolve the screen issue, try the following steps:
● Too many junk files, an excessively large cache, or redundant files on your HOMTOM HT3 can all lead to system slowdown (lag), causing part of the touchscreen to be less responsive. We recommend regularly cleaning the phone using a reputable third-party maintenance apps, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, AVG Cleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.
● If the problem happens to be caused by a major system failure, try restoring the phone to its default factory state under: "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: Please remember to back up any important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the screen display itself may be faulty. We strongly advise arranging the screen to be professionally repaired or replaced.
● The phone battery has low power, causing the screen cannot be bright. Charge your phone for about 10 minutes and have a try later.
● The display's flexible flat cable may either be faulty or loose. Just take the phone to have the screen repaired. Or contact our aftersales staff for technical assistance.
● The most likely culprit is a software or system error - try rebooting your phone.
● If the problem persists, restore the HOMTOM HT3 smartphone to its factory default settings (this will wipe everything).
● If neither of the above methods fix the problem, the display's flexible flat cable may either be faulty or loose. This is a relatively minor issue, just take the phone to your local mobile repair store. Or contact our aftersales staff for technical assistance.
Maybe you have not torn off the original factory film or the mobile film does not attach well with the phone.
Speaker / Earphone & Network Issues
● Your phone is at the silent mode, cancel it at "Settings - Sound & notification - Sound gengeral settings - Silent".
● There may be an underlying system issue. Restore the device to the default factory settings in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - RESET PHONE". Warning: Be sure to back up your important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If the phone reset still cannot solve the problem, the speaker may be broken. Take the phone to your local mobile repair store. Or contact our aftersales staff to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● The electromagnetic wave around interferes with the phone signal. Keep away from those electronic products.
● The network signal in both / either of you and the receiver is not good or steady, change the calling environment and try calling again.
● If both network signals are good, try calling another person. If there is no such issue, it implies there is something wrong with the receiver's phone speaker.
● Once it is abnormal anywhere and whoever you make a phone call, there could be a hardware problem of your phone. Take the phone to local mobile repair store for a check and repair.
In regard to this issue, you should make clear whether your SIM card is new or old.
(1). If you are using a new SIM card, try the following:
● Activate the SIM card and use network traffic.
● Insert the SIM card into another phone to see if it is faulty. For assistance, you can contact the service provider.
● Verify that the specific network/carrier frequency is compatible with the phone.
(2). While if you are using an old SIM card, do as follows:
If you have set monthly traffic limits, check whether you have used up your traffic for the cellular network. If you have reached the limit, then you will be unable to use any more cellular data on the existing plan.
● Go to Settings - Wireless & Network - Cellular. Make sure that the cellular network is available. Still not working? Try the following steps:
a. Reboot the phone - If your phone service goes out before and you have topped up your phone, but the network is still not usable. Try restarting the device.
b. Reset APNs to default - The APN setting may be incorrect. Go to Settings - Network - APNs - Reset to default and the system will choose the correct settings.
c. Contact your service provider - If none of the above works, contact your service provider for assistance ( check whether you have opened the network function).
We hope our practical guide helps you get rid of the troubles about HOMTOM HT3 smartphone. However, if you still require further technical assistance about a specific issue not covered here, feel free to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our professional support staff will deal with your query as promptly as possible. Thanks for reading!
Prev article: How to connect ID107 smart watch to iPhone
Next article: Xiaomi body fat scale troubleshooting
You might also like:
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official