Seeing is believing: 7 easy steps to setting up an IP camera
By GB Blog Official 2018-07-03 775 0
Worried about your home or loved ones? A good IP camera is the answer.
Everyone has different needs:
● What happens if you’re busy and leave your children or old parent alone with the babysitter?
● You are afraid might be thieves who steal items of value?
● Or you may leave something very important in your office and want to keep an eye on it?
● With the fast development of technology, IP cameras are now created to satisfy people's diverse needs.
● We are going to show how you how to get the best bang for your money.
● However, the product setting up instruction seems so complicated on the user manual, what to do?! We are going to show you how to set up your IP camera easily in just several simple steps.
Before you start
You will need the following before we begin:
● A wireless router
● 2 Ethernet cables
Setting up your IP camera
Step 1: Connect the hardware
● Use the Ethernet cables to connect your IP camera, working wireless router and computer.
● If you are using a laptop, you don't need to plug the Ethernet cable end into your PC.
● Once connected, turn on the power of the IP camera and wireless router.
Step 2: Download the IP Search Tool
● Download an IP search tool from the internet.
● You can open your browser and input IP search tool in the search engine.
● Select the one you like and download it and then install it on your computer.
Step 3: Use the IP Search Tool
● Launch the IP search tool, click on "search" button to find your camera’s IP.
● Once the IP shows on the program interface, double click the IP address.
● The browser will automatically pop up and bring you to the IP camera setting interface.
Step 4: Activate real-time IP cam monitoring
● Download the control program that appears on the browser, and then install it on your PC.
● Once it's done, double-click the IP address again on the IP search tool interface.
● You can now access the IP camera setting interface.
● Input the user name and password printed on the IP cam box to access the interface.
● Once you enter it, you can see the camera real-time dynamic monitoring pictures on your screen.
Step 5: Update the settings
● There are several settings on the main options, set the specification you need.
● The WiFi, P2P, and movement detection are the three functions you must set.
● For WiFi: tick to use it - search your SSID name - connect with your wireless router password.
● For P2P: tick to open it, so that you can activate the remote control.
● For movement detection: tick to run it and set the personalized setting you want.
Step 6: Download the Smartphone App
● Download and install the dedicated APP for the IP camera (this is from the official site).
● Launch the app and click on "add new camera"
● Click on the "scan QR code" option to scan the QR code on your bottom of your IP camera.
● If your mobile device and the IP camera are in the same LAN, just click on "search" option to find out the camera’s IP address.
Step 7: Complete the process
● Click on the IP address and input the password.
● You will see the camera in real-time on your mobile device.
● The IP camera installation and setting up process is successfully completed.
That’s it! You can ignore the complicated instruction words on the user manual.
Of course, if there are some special settings or specific issues this passage doesn't mention, it's necessary to take a look at the manual.
But don't worry: if there is any incorrect steps during the installation or setting up procedure, you can still contact with the product after-sale service.
For the purpose of this article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-11-13By Linky Johnson
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2018-11-14By Linky Johnson
2017-02-22By Zim Watson
2018-11-14By Steve Lowry
Next article:4 effective ways to maintain your vapor device